No announcement yet.

Porsche 911 GT2 RS first official photos, pricing and details, 620hp confirmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porsche 911 GT2 RS first official photos, pricing and details, 620hp confirmed

Only 500 units of the GT2 RS will be produced

Official details and photos have been released on the upcoming Porsche GT2 RS.

Well, we were right about the power wattage - it will indeed be 620 PS (462 kW) - and wrong about the number of units that Porsche will produce - 500 will be made not 300. Weight loss versus the 911 GT2 will be a substantial 70 kg (as opposed to the previously reported 90 kg).

That power rating will make this the most potent Porsche road car in history. And its quite a technical achievement to squeeze all those kilowatts from a 3.6 liter boxer engine, much of it attributable to the two variable turbine geometry turbochargers.

The details:

The car will weigh a mere 3,020 lb (1,370 kilograms), giving it a power to weight ratio of 4.9 lbs (2.21 kg) per horsepower, and rides on 245/35 ZR 19 tires at the front and 325/30 ZR 19 for the rear axle. It will come with anti-roll bars and Porsche Adaptive Suspension Management (PASM).

It's time on the Nürburgring's Nordschleife track: 7 minutes and 18 seconds. 0 to 100 km/h in 3.5 seconds, 0 to 200 km/h in just 9.8 seconds, and 0 to 300 km/h in 28.9 seconds. Top speed: 205 mph or 330 km/h.

To shed weight, Porsche makes use of carbon-fiber-reinforced (CFR) components, such as the CFR plastic for the bucket seats.

"GT2 RS" tags are placed on the doors and rear lid to distinguish the car too.

The car will be available in Europe from September 2010, in the USA from October 2010. The Euro base price is €199,500. Including VAT and national specifications/equipment the new 911 GT2 RS will retail in Germany at a price of €237,578. For the U.S. market pricing starts at $245,000 (€193,000).

The new GT2 RS is set for its first public unveiling on August 25 at the Moscow auto show.

See the press release for full details.

Press Release

The New Porsche 911 GT2 RS

620 Highly Efficient Turbo-Horsepower: Most Powerful Street-Legal Porsche of all Times

Stuttgart. The time: seven minutes, 18 seconds on the Nürburgring-Nordschleife. The power: 620 hp. The weight: 1,370 kilograms or 3,021 lb in road trim with all fluids on board. The car: the new Porsche 911 GT2 RS. The GT2 RS is making its world debut at the Moscow Auto Show on August 25th.

The future top GT model marking the absolute climax in the 911 range is the fastest and most powerful road-going sports car ever built in the history of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, Stuttgart. With power up by 90 hp and weight down by 70 kilograms or 154 lb in comparison with the 911 GT2, the new 911 GT2 RS has a power-to-weight ratio of just 2.21 kilos or 4.9 lb per horsepower, by far the best power/weight ratio in its class. Obviously, these are the ideal ingredients for an ultra-high-performance sports car with supreme agility, truly blistering performance on the road, and of course exemplary Porsche Intelligent Performance. For despite this extra power and performance, fuel consumption and CO2 emissions versus the 911 GT2 are down by approximately 5 per cent to 11.9 ltr/100 km (equal to 23.7 mpg imp) and 284 g/km.

The 3.6 litre six-cylinder boxer engine boosted by two turbochargers with variable turbine geometry exclusive to Porsche in its combination with a gasoline engine drives the rear wheels via a six-speed manual gearbox. Developed especially for the 911 GT2 RS, sports tyres measuring 325/30 ZR 19 convert this massive power into equally massive performance and acceleration on the road: 0 to 100 km/h in 3.5 seconds, 0 to 200 km/h in just 9.8 seconds, and 0 to 300 km/h in 28.9 seconds. Top speed is 330 km/h.

Equally supreme stopping power on this ultra-high-performance sports car comes from PCCB composite ceramic brakes. Appropriate longitudinal and crosswise dynamics are ensured by the sporting RS set-up of the springs, PASM Porsche Adaptive Suspension Management, anti-roll bars, as well as the dynamic engine mounts and PSM Porsche Stability Management.

In its looks the new 911 GT2 RS stands out clearly from the 911 GT2 above all through the lavish use of carbon-fibre-reinforced (CFR) components in matt-black surface finish, even wider wheels and flared wheel arches at the front, new 911 GT2 light-alloy wheels with central locking, as well as "GT2 RS" model designations on the doors and rear lid. The upgraded front spoiler lip and the rear spoiler lip made of CFR and now 10 millimetres or almost 0.4 inches higher, again in surface carbon finish, ensure the right aerodynamic precision as well as extra downforce.

The interior also exudes the flair of sporting performance in virtually every detail, featuring lightweight bucket seats made of carbon-fibre-reinforced plastic in carbon surface finish and lightweight door panels with door opening straps. The basic interior colour is black, contrasting attractively with features such as the seat centre sections and the roof lining as well as segments on the steering wheel rim. The gearshift and handbrake lever are both finished in red alcantara.

Limited to just 500 units, the 911 GT2 RS will be available in Europe from September 2010, in the USA from October 2010. The Euro base price is 199,500.- Euro. Including VAT and national specifications/equipment the new 911 GT2 RS will retail in Germany at a price of 237,578 Euro.

Source: WCF
    Last edited by SSense; 13-05-2010, 10:01 AM.

:drool: x 10000000

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
    Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

:drool: x infinity!!!
      Current
      E92 M3 - Mineral White
      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
      E36 318is
      E39 540i ///M sport
      VW CC
      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

:'(
        Meskovic
        this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

breathtaking numbers and omg awesome piece of ride!!!!
          sigpic

Comment

it's no good............

for the pocket and the environment!

BMW history:
            07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
              it's no good............

for the pocket and the environment!

:rofl2: i was about to :slap: big time readin only the 1st part!!!

+1 though dat thing needs deep pockets!
              sigpic

Comment

My God this thing is a beast!!! and look at the weight of it! weighs as much as a tida.. loool!

this will surely be a beast! :drool:
                sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
                  sigpic
                  07' HFP Accord | Current
                  HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Finished the world has ended!!....its not even 2012 yet!!

Comment

More pics added to the Original post..

Comment

Porsche 911 GT2 RS reveal promo

[YOUTUBE]m2o4g78wwl4[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

:drool: :drool: porsche :bow:
                          about the price, thank god the euro is going down, I might get one :P
                          I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

The Turbo team has stopped working on the GT2 and instead it was given to the GT3 team. So I can only imaginne how this would be on the track. The previous GT2 would lose its ground to the GT3 at the bends as I witnessed time and time again. Reason, as stated by the drivers, is that the GT2 suspension was stiff like a brick, depriving them from putting traction down while turning. So, in short, GT3 RS handling + an uprated GT2 powerhouse?? Sign me up :drool:

Comment

The best of both worlds combined . . . . . Run to the hills I tells ya !!!
                              sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                              Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                              LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                              P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                              Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Working...
                              X