X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeanloup
    replied
    Originally posted by Auto Works View Post
    From a past experience, when your brake discs are done and you change them, the sound will dramatically decrease! So this noise wont last too long.
    Yes Marwan that might be the case on my car, i m sure the discs are quiet used. Anyway i ll put my car for service to Bruno this week end and they will check that too.

Leave a comment:

• Auto Works
    replied
    Originally posted by RiFo View Post
    if its the noise then i dont care .. any biting issues on cold temps ?!
    Yeah it's only the noise. The bite is amazing from second one at ambient temps. This is well known for AX6s.

Leave a comment:

• RAFiK
    replied
    if its the noise then i dont care .. any biting issues on cold temps ?!

Leave a comment:

• Auto Works
    replied
    And AX6 have higher fading temp as well right ?? but what if i use the AX6 for daily drive ?!?! any disadvantage ??!
    Only the noise buddy.

Leave a comment:

• RAFiK
    replied
    And AX6 have higher fading temp as well right ?? but what if i use the AX6 for daily drive ?!?! any disadvantage ??!

Leave a comment:

• Auto Works
    replied
    currently street use !! .. I hate track days, but i'm into Auto-Xing. Are you recommending Bobcats ?? will they bite good even under pressure like AutoX ??
    Ok, think of the Bobcats as OEM replacement. OEM pads will last for AutoX. OEM pads will fade on AutoX but will allow you to have good braking for like 70% of your lap till they start fading. Bobcats will do the same but will allow you to finish your 3 minute AutoX lap with good braking. The bobcats fade on a way higher temp than the OEM. If you track your car with Bobcats, you will fry the pads and they will lose the grip.

So do not expect better lap timing in AutoX but expect good braking on daily use, clean wheels, long pad life and no noise.

With our current offer, the Bobcat price is amazing. Only $310 for fronts and rears for your car!

Leave a comment:

• RAFiK
    replied
    currently street use !! .. I hate track days, but i'm into Auto-Xing. Are you recommending Bobcats ?? will they bite good even under pressure like AutoX ??

Leave a comment:

• Auto Works
    replied
    alrighties :bow: .. thanks for the past response ... be ready, in few weeks when my brakes are due to a change i'll call for my AX6s ;) ..
    Actually, what are you using your car for?

Leave a comment:

• RAFiK
    replied
    alrighties :bow: .. thanks for the past response ... be ready, in few weeks when my brakes are due to a change i'll call for my AX6s ;) ..

Leave a comment:

• Auto Works
    replied
    Marwan i dunno if i should ask this here or not !! but if I install AX6s on New Rotors ... what happens to the noise ?!?! will it be better than used discs ? and can it be avoided by using the recommended gel ?
    It's OK to ask anywhere you like. I never people.

Well, new rotors are highly recommended. The noise will be much less on new rotors, with clean use rotors, the noise much less than used unsurfaced rotors. So surfaced used rotors will be OK. Might be like Ayham's car or little less. We tried the gel with Ayham but it did not stand as per him. He said it worked for 3-5 days then it melted. The gel works well in the States and it works here in Saudi. It's all up to you.

Leave a comment:

• RAFiK
    replied
    Marwan i dunno if i should ask this here or not !! but if I install AX6s on New Rotors ... what happens to the noise ?!?! will it be better than used discs ? and can it be avoided by using the recommended gel ?

Leave a comment:

• Auto Works
    replied
    Originally posted by jeanloup View Post
    Well i have nothing to say. The power of braking is really mad. And I m really glad that i bought these pads and will certainly keep using Carbotech in the future.

But I have to admit that they are noisy, but doesn't really disturb me.
    From a past experience, when your brake discs are done and you change them, the sound will dramatically decrease! So this noise wont last too long.

Leave a comment:

• jeanloup
    replied
    Well i have nothing to say. The power of braking is really mad. And I m really glad that i bought these pads and will certainly keep using Carbotech in the future.

But I have to admit that they are noisy, but doesn't really disturb me.

Leave a comment:

• Wazif
    replied
    just not time to change my pads :)

Leave a comment:

• Auto Works
    replied
    Originally posted by Wazif View Post
    HAvent put them on my car yet...but the pads are amazing....ive experienced them in Ayham's car and i was very impressed!! :)

Service wise, you have always been very prompt and patient with our queries. that definitely deserves a

Your knowledge about brakes is also commendable...

overall, Autoworks is a great vendor to deal with.

I would give it a 5* rating :)
    Thanks buddy. It's good to know where do we stand in the market.

Any particular reason you did not put them on your car yet? If it's about noise, PM me please.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X