New Porsche RS Spyder Design Wheels with Central Locking Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Porsche RS Spyder Design Wheels with Central Locking Announced

Porsche has announced a new 19-inch wheel featuring the design pattern derived from the victorious Le Mans series RS Spyder prototype race car.

Exclusively for the 911 Turbo, this wheel set features a special central locking system which allows the wheels to be firmly mounted directly to the wheel bearing instead of the multiple lug nuts commonly used in motorsports.

Included with the forged aluminum lightweight wheel set are special wheel bearings made up of a cartridge fitted in the wheel hub with spring-mounted security bolts.

The new wheel set will be available as a 911 Turbo option starting in January 2009. Base price for Euro countries is EUR 2,950. The retail price in Germany including 19 per cent VAT is EUR 3,510.50.

...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

i like the turbo wheels better on the 997.. i hate them on any other carrera or cayman but they match the turbo perfectly!

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Would love to have these on my car. It's a BBS split spoke design, no? Looks like the BBS RC

2006 Sprint Blue Audi RS4 : photography by lifegauge : Revo flash by TAM

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks these rims look like the MORR MonoForged VS8 :dunno:
        They look very similar to me..

Comment

I think ghoonk got it right... it's most likely BBS rims... modified look of the RC versions, similar to the CSL
          ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

ghoonk is always right.

just kidding! :D

2006 Sprint Blue Audi RS4 : photography by lifegauge : Revo flash by TAM

Comment

BBS is more or less the sole vendor for LTW racing wheels professional applications, O.Z. comes to mind next.

Comment

Working...
              X