E46 braking issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E46 braking issue.

Hey guys . I have a bmw 318i 2005 And a couple of weeks ago it had this hard brake pedal , so i got it to a mechanic and he said that the brake boosters gone bad. So i chnged it to and also asked him to check for other faults but that was all he said. After the new booster was fit the problem stayed the same.:'(

I checked for leaking vaccum pump and its all perfect. Got the car tested it came out clear no abs issue or anything.

Its been a couple of days now and i was worried because i spent a lot more than i expected it would cost.

If anyone has experienced this kind of issue and knows what could be the problem it would be really great.
    Regards ,
    Shazz.

check the brake cylinders and make sure they installed the correct part numbers..

Comment

The cylinder connected to abs is fine they checked it at th time i got new Booster.

- - - - - - - - - -

There are 3 things in my knowledge. Brake booster , vaccum pump and cylinder. I was ready to change all three but was told i only have a bad booster.

Comment

let us know how it goes

Comment

Brake pedal hard ! You mean you have lost brake assist as if the engine is switched off ?
          The most common issue is brake Booster leaking internally therefore not creating a vacuum.
          Vacuum pipe from vacuum pump leaking but if this was the case the engine would be running a bit rough.
          If you have no air leaks and the booster is new and vacuum pump is functioning correctly then I would suggest it's been fitted incorrectly . There is a spacer within the booster after the master cylinder which people tend to fit incorrectly this causing a hard pedal .
          Let me know if you require any help or contact. Me at Octane service centre
          Shak

Comment

Thank you shak for the offer and this info but thank god an old mechanic of mine figured out the problem.

- - - - - - - - - -

And bruno it was terrifying but the problem was a faulty check valve as the mechanic described (its the hose from the vaccum pump connected to the brake booster ) so i changed that small valve and to be on the safe side the vaccum pump too and now she brakes perfectly . But i am afraid this doesnt happen again.

- - - - - - - - - -

Its was a nightmare really I was so worried that i even had the thought of selling my car after its fixed .:'(

Comment

Working...
            X