Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!

On the way back from RAK, while exiting the Emarat on the way back i had the unfortunate luck of running over a pothole at around 50-70 kmph im guessing (wasnt looking at the speedo) had a real nasty bump :(
    Due to that my wheel alignment is off as i can feel and see that i have to have the steering turned little to the right to go straight
    Also, i started getting a slight vibration in the ride that can be felt while sitting anywhere in the car after the bump

Looking for recommendations for places where i can get my alignment sorted from a good place (and not too expensive please!) and also get my right side tires and rims checked out for any damage (as thats the side that hit the pothole) that may have been cause and also the source of the vibration.

Thanks is advance for your help!!

From my experience with potholes (Damn them!) You probably have a bent rim and a bent lower arm. I hope I am wrong because those arms are expensive! But I believe it should be covered by warranty/service. Your hassle is repairing the bent rim.
    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
    eMail:
    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Agree with what rifo said..although if you have suspension parts damage then you might have to stick with AGMC since your car is under warranty. Going to an external service center might void your warranty

For the alignment and rims check up, try future tyres in al quz. The guys here have recommended them. I plan to take my m3 there for an alignment check

All the best and I hope it's minor! Keep us posted
      Current
      E92 M3 - Mineral White
      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
      E36 318is
      E39 540i ///M sport
      VW CC
      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Before you do anything get a police report and let the dealership get it sorted out. This will be your cheapest option given that you have agency repair stated on your contract

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
          Before you do anything get a police report and let the dealership get it sorted out. This will be your cheapest option given that you have agency repair stated on your contract
          Police report saying what? and since i hit the pothole in RAK will i have to go to RAK cops or it doesn't matter?

For now i've parked the car in the basement and just going to use brothers mazda to get around, got mid semester holidays next week so will get this issue sorted then.

Comment

Correct Sid, If you know where it is I suggest you go back to it and bring the police to that same spot, they will put the blame on the municipality I guess. Not sure how this works but at least you could show them that this is what caused the damage in your car.

Don't tell them you hit it few days back, just inform them that you ran over it few minutes ago and the car is vibrating (exaggerate a bit) then you decided to go back to the same spot to get your car repaired.

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
            Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
            eMail:
            Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Originally posted by Rifo View Post
              Correct Sid, If you know where it is I suggest you go back to it and bring the police to that same spot, they will put the blame on the municipality I guess. Not sure how this works but at least you could show them that this is what caused the damage in your car.

Don't tell them you hit it few days back, just inform them that you ran over it few minutes ago and the car is vibrating (exaggerate a bit) then you decided to go back to the same spot to get your car repaired.
              Ahh, will only get time to drive back there next friday, not sure if that will be good for the car?
              In the meantime if any of you know about any harsh potholes in dubai which i could say messed my car up, it would be of great help as it would save me the trip there.
              The pothole i hit was just outside the emarat we stopped at on the way back on Khuzam Road it was right on the edge of the road where a huge chunk of it was missing.
              Really hoping to get this sorted out soon, feel really ****** that this happened at all!

Comment

Potholes don't exist in Dubai, Sharjah industrial area might be an option, there are lots there :P

Need Assistance?
                eMail:
                Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Take your Mazda to sports city and find those high sewage caps and tell them you hit one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                    Take your Mazda to sports city and find those high sewage caps and tell them you hit one.
                    Will check it out during the week and will keep you guys updated along the way. Thanks again for all your help!

Comment

[MENTION=3]Bruno[/MENTION] :slap: [MENTION=187885]siddarthb[/MENTION] (Y) Let us know what happens!

Need Assistance?
                      eMail:
                      Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

i know of a pothole in dubai!

Terminal 2 exit road in front of arrivals as the road curves to the left, you will find a big square pothole very symmetrically designed and positioned for suspension damage :D
                        Current
                        E92 M3 - Mineral White
                        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                        E36 318is
                        E39 540i ///M sport
                        VW CC
                        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

So i spent today driving from barsha police station to bur dubai station to sports city where the sewage cap was and then was told to call the cops from there,
                          The cop came at his own pace a nice half an hour later and then told me that since he cannot see any damage done to the wheel from outside he cannot give me any paper ( he was one of the pissed off types and there was no convincing him)
                          Gave him the option of driving the car to feel the damage first hand but he wouldn't (knew he wouldn't but gave it a try anyway)

Suggestions?
                          Will it help going to Jebel Ali station and asking them to check it over there?
                          I'm thinking to go AGMC and ask them do to a check up...

Comment

Originally posted by siddarthb View Post
                            So i spent today driving from barsha police station to bur dubai station to sports city where the sewage cap was and then was told to call the cops from there,
                            The cop came at his own pace a nice half an hour later and then told me that since he cannot see any damage done to the wheel from outside he cannot give me any paper ( he was one of the pissed off types and there was no convincing him)
                            Gave him the option of driving the car to feel the damage first hand but he wouldn't (knew he wouldn't but gave it a try anyway)

Suggestions?
                            Will it help going to Jebel Ali station and asking them to check it over there?
                            I'm thinking to go AGMC and ask them do to a check up...

A suggestion, do the same trick and deflate your tyre. Tell them it got punctured (Y)

Need Assistance?
                            eMail:
                            Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Originally posted by Rifo View Post
                              A suggestion, do the same trick and deflate your tyre. Tell them it got punctured (Y)
                              They wont give me a paper just for a puncture, and even if they do it wont take into account the rim or suspension

Comment

Working...
                              X