Please help me to choose a BBK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help me to choose a BBK

Hi everybody, I m a newbie, I own a 318ci 2004 and I would like to get some advise about a BBK (maybe Brembo) to fit on my rims, style double spoke 135 M 18" I ve 73000kms and I changed my brakes pads only 2 times (I think) but never changed the brakes discs. So I guess I'll have to buy and replace my brake discs and pads soon (my friend told me it ll cost me more than 4 or 5000 aed for OEM parts). So maybe it's the good time to profit this opportunity to upgrade for BBK? What do you think?
    I have no ideas on the brands or prices, actually I just like the look of the big brake especially compare to mine 318ci who look really small...
    Thank you...

Question is, do you need a BBK?

I don't know what the factory brake specs for the 318 are, but I'm sure you can find aftermarket rotor & pad replacement out there. If you plan on tracking your car then BBK would be a good route, but you might have to increase your budget a bit.

Stoptech and Brembo's are good brands, AP Racing is one of the best
    '08 G37S with bolt-ons, a drop and 20's

Comment

Thanks G37sam, I don't need BBK since I m not going to track or race my car...
      It's just for the look. Any idea if I can buy them here in Dubai?
      Thanks...

Comment

You might not find many solutions locally, but here's a good start:

http://www.madmotors.co.uk/brakes/bm...ake-discs.html
        '08 G37S with bolt-ons, a drop and 20's

Comment

hi jacky

I owned 2004 318i and the discs have been replaced on 2005 with EBC brand (3GD - grooved/drilled) and that time cost me around AED 4000 shipped to my door and since that time i didnt change them and for the 1st time i used EBC pads (Green one) but later on it was not making any different coz im not tracking my car...i used to put OEM pads and its more than fine.

but u need to be sure that the rear discs are vented coz as far as i know some of the 2004 318 came with solid one in rear.

Check this one : http://www.ebcbrakes.com/automotive/...t_rotors.shtml

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
          E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Thanks Eoudeh... Yes all my discs are not perforated, there are solid front and rear... Did you changed only the discs or the all brakes? I m looking for a complete set like this one Brembo Grand Tourismo : a ventilated, integral or composite disc, available drilled or slotted, 4, 6*and 8 piston aluminium calipers, a complete set of high performance brake pads, metal braid tubes and high quality small parts. And I would like to get the biggest as I can fit in my car...

Comment

i changed all the discs with pads but keep the OEM caliper which im happy with it since as i said im not tracking my ride, if u wana go with Brembo set, just be sure about the weight for the whole set and u might modify the protection plates (rear/Front, Left/right) to keep enough space fr the big brake system. and maybe (im not sure) if u must change the brake lines (hoses) to performance one.

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
              E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

A cheaper alternative to a branded BBK is swapping to an E46 M3 system; discs, calipers, carriers. In any case, I'd save up the money and upgrade the whole car. As said; "You want a fast car, buy a fast car".

Comment

Ayham, it's an excellent idea :) But i read somewhere M3 brakes parts cant fit 3 Series without serious mod ... Could you confirm it? Otherwise maybe I could go for 330Ci brakes discs and parts without any modification? What do you think of these 2 options ?

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Will devour the diagrams tomorrow, for tonight I've had a very long day :)

Comment

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally posted by Ayham
                      Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Will devour the diagrams tomorrow, for tonight I've had a very long day :)
                      What have you been up to?

Don't work yourself to death.
                      sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

I might be bugging him tomorrow also with my shifting issue obsession. :)
                        07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

@ Ayham, is it true to fit 330 brakes on my 318 I need the following:

330 Brake caliper
                          330 Brake caliper bracket
                          330 Brake pads
                          330 Brake disks

But he information above are valid only for front brake disk conversion? There is no plug n play solution for the rears?
                          And is it true than M3 E46 brake Discs size are the same as the 330ci?
                          Thanks...

Comment

Just get new rotors and racing pads! You will be very happy and without spending extra money for nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacky - x View Post
                              Originally posted by Jacky - x View Post
                              Ayham, it's an excellent idea :) But i read somewhere M3 brakes parts cant fit 3 Series without serious mod ... Could you confirm it? Otherwise maybe I could go for 330Ci brakes discs and parts without any modification? What do you think of these 2 options ?
                              @ Ayham, is it true to fit 330 brakes on my 318 I need the following:

330 Brake caliper
                              330 Brake caliper bracket
                              330 Brake pads
                              330 Brake disks

But he information above are valid only for front brake disk conversion? There is no plug n play solution for the rears?
                              And is it true than M3 E46 brake Discs size are the same as the 330ci?
                              Thanks...
                              I heard the same--major mods are necessary for the parts to fit. I have not checked literature so I cannot confirm this information. I will have to check back again.
                              Last edited by rome_rod; 17-01-2011, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X