Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyre change

Hello

Came across this club when searching for reviews on tyre change. I'm running OEM Bridgestone Potenza 225/50R17 RFT in my F30 328i and done 55K till now. My front right is damaged and leaking air and was advised by bridgestone to change the both front.

I was wondering if I could swap all four for low profile RFT but found next to nothing available for 17 size wheels. The best i could find was Pirelli P Zero 225/45R17 91W for AED 900 each or Bridgestone Potenza 225/45R17 091W for AED 1,200 each. I understand RFT's have high side walls but i could see bigger rim size RFT's having as low as 35.

Would appreciate any input for intended swap to low profile RFT for the same rims.
    Last edited by abulcasim; 20-02-2016, 05:24 PM.

Hey!

Well RFT is a preference, it only prevents you from calling a tow truck when you have a flat :) I run normal tires.
    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
    eMail:
    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Thanks Rafik.

Can you advise till what tyre width and wall size i can go on my 17" rims? I'm seeing 255/40 in Bridgestone Potenza normal tyres. Do i have to tune my suspensions at AGMC service station or will the tyre company do the same job for free?

Comment

Don't play around with height of the tyre. Your rotational speed will mess up your speed reading.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Comment

agree with what Rafik said, you'll get speed errors due to calibration errors. I'd suggest you stick within the specs mentioned by BMW on the drivers door sill.

you can vary the width but dont vary the height of the side wall. For the width of the tyre, we need to know what the width of the rims are. Not sure how wide the 17"s are frankly. if the manufacturer spec shows 245, you should be able to run 255 without issues providing your rims can accomodate the 10mm increase.

The tyre shop should be able to advise you accurately based on the rim width. Difficult to say without actually seeing the rims.

I'd take it outside and save some $$
          Current
          E92 M3 - Mineral White
          F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
          E36 318is
          E39 540i ///M sport
          VW CC
          E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Thanks Bruno & Wazif...

The two pits I went were not that helpful on the tire width. I absolutely agree with not changing the side wall height.

I tend to be an aggressive driver in cornering and would like more grip hence my preference on wider tires. Guess I can only go from 225 to 235 wide tyres on my rims. I found Pirelli P Zero, Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 and Bridgestone Potenza S001, RTF and normal ones.

Any suggestions?

Comment

How about Continental?
              Current
              E92 M3 - Mineral White
              F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
              E36 318is
              E39 540i ///M sport
              VW CC
              E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Continental has only 225/50R17 94W ContiSportContact5 SSR(run flat) which will suit me and price is also less than the above three brands. Are they a good choice?

I see their high performance tire used in E92 M3's but they are from R18 onward.

Comment

yea Conti's are good tyres as well. Some of the high end sports cars use them as well.
                  Current
                  E92 M3 - Mineral White
                  F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                  E36 318is
                  E39 540i ///M sport
                  VW CC
                  E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Working...
                  X