Run flats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SSense View Post
    As far as i know, the E39 M5s have come only with RFTs, lets say my car did come with the regular tires atleast there should be space for the spare tire, there's hardly space in the trunk for any spare tire to be equipped. All the space is taken by the huge battery..
    Even with regular tires, M cars don't have a spare tire space. They've replaced it with the mobility kit.

M cars DO NOT come with RFTs.

Comment

Thanks for correcting me there mates, i always used to think M Mobility is used only for RFTs, didnt know it was meant to be used for regular tires as well..

Can someone please tell me, if there are so many down sides of RFTs, why did the dealers or our cars come with RFTs ?? If M Mobility kit can be used on regular tires as well and when we dont need the spare tire in presence of the M Mobility, why couldnt they just install the Regular tires ??

Ayham, Rami, anyone ?

Comment

Mobility kit is expensive, economies of scale tell us it's not profitable for BMW AG to equip cars with this kit. A spare tire is cheaper.

As for dealers and BMW itself equipping their cars with RFTs:

1) It's a learning curve
        2) Even with the complaints, you will always have people who are not deep into cars so RFTs or none, there's no difference to them. Manufacturers will still equip cars with RFTs for at least a decade to come.

Comment

*Edited: Repetition of threads*

Anyone in here got an E90 converted to normal tires?

My main concern is whether the 'RFT-tuned' suspension would work with normal tires and if I can mount normal tires on my current rims.

Comment

Has anyone in here done a run-flat to go-flat conversion?

I am thinking of selling off my current run-flats (pretty new) and going for normal summer performance tires... can anyone help me out with advice/tips/pointers?

Comment

I've come across some bulletins regarding such conversion...RFT cars have their sensors parameters feeding into the DSC, steering position, and ABS set differently from non-RFT cars. However, I've seen people online who have switched with no problems to report. I can take more time into this to research it, but atm am stuck in the office..

Comment

I don't think they would have affects such as limp mode if the DSC goes mad. Youre not changing the tire diameter at all so there should be no problem, in theory. Check somone who's done it with no problems.
                sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Ok.. has anyone on this forum done this conversion?

Comment

Never heard of anyone who has done it until now :dunno:

Comment

Working...
                    X