Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20" Replica's Recommendations

Hey Guys,

i'm looking for some 20" BMW Replica Rims for my 750Li. Do you know any shops in Sharjah that buy high quality replica's?

In the States many shops sell Chinese or Taiwanese replica rims and they all have excellent quality. It just depends who you source it from. I could order from the States but then i would pay double for the shipping. It is better if i can find a place here that directly imports quality replica rims. There is one shop in Sharjah called Gulf Coast tires. They even have a Hunter GSP9700 Road Force balancer; however, they have no clue on how to use it. LOL...

If anyone know any good places, please let me know?

If you know of anyone selling his 20" OEM rims, let me know as well.

Thanks

Smiler51

i don't recommend the replica rims in sharjah coz you can't consider them of good quality.. i know in the states you get some good quality replica rims, but don't know of any shop that imports such rims over here..

is there OEM 20" for your 7-series? if yes then you'll most probably find a used set in sharjah :)

i know gulf coast tires, it's actually the best i delt with in that area (i bought my 19" PS2s)

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

In sharjah, you can find anything !
      sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
      Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
      LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
      P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
      Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

+1
        Meskovic
        this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

+2 !
          sigpic
          07' HFP Accord | Current
          HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

shipping from the states is $500... been there done that.

i will wait for someone on the forums to sell their rims. and if i'm not mistaken there is a set of 20's for sale in our f/s section.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
              In sharjah, you can find anything !
              Haha.... I agree with you on that. You just gotta find the right places, as every person is trying to screw you!!!! I really hate to shop there, as I know the sales guy is looking at me and lying straight into my eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                shipping from the states is $500... been there done that.

i will wait for someone on the forums to sell their rims. and if i'm not mistaken there is a set of 20's for sale in our f/s section.
                I checked the Parts for Sale section but didn't see any 20" for sale. Can you give me the link please if you have it handy?

I will try to head into Sharjah later and see if I can find any good deals.

Comment

here you go

http://www.bmwclubuae.com/forum/show...highlight=rims

Comment

Hi Bruno,

thanks a lot for the link. Nice wheels.

These are a bit steep in price for my taste though, and i need rims without a dish otherwise, i have to step up to 22's which are a bit much for UAE roads ;-)

Take care

Smiler51

Comment

In terms of rims, you get what you pay for. The last thing you need on your E66 is a half-a$$sed, over-sized rim set. It's just trouble after trouble from there and it's not easy nor cheap to fix.

My suggestion, and from personal pains, pay it up front in a quality set or don't do it at all. And STAY AWAY from Sharjah IA!!! I beg you...

Comment

I made bad experiences with these cheap rims as well. I wanted to go to Sharjah to try and find a used set of original BMW 20" rims.

I just don't know how to spot the original from the fake. Those shops can tell you anything. I think the best way would be to weigh the rim and see if the weight matches the original BMW rim weight. I will go and have a look later. I work in Sharjah, so it only takes me 30min to visit Gulf Coasts.

Comment

Spotting fake rims is easy, or maybe cuz my eye is trained :dunno:

I believe you'll have a gutt feeling when you're seeing a fake one with the dude swearing it's "osli"; i.e. OEM!!!

Comment

Easy to spot a fake rim, especially BMW rims.
                            Look at the stamps embedded in the steel when the wheel was being made. OEM is much much clearer, and when you look at the backside of the rim, on the bold pattern BMW always has there stamps on. You might find traces of the OEM stickers if theyre till there.
                            sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                            Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                            LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                            P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                            Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Just got back from Sharjah. Found many places that have original and fake ones. The prices range from AED 3,400 to AED 6,000 incl. used tires manufactured in 2007 or newer for 20". Really great prices if there aren't any problems with them.

It looks like the "Osli" rims (OEM) have BMW stamped into the back of the spokes and they also have BBS stamped into them whereas the fake ones only have JIL stamps (I think some Japanese standard).

Comment

Working...
                              X