X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alloy Spraying / Wrapping

Hi Guys,

Just wondering on some advise really.

I want to change my M4 alloys to Black (preferably go with a gloss black colour to match the window tints and against the Blue, i think?).

Can anyone advise on where is a good place to have this done, in Abu Dhabi ideally, and then also, whether it is best for a complete spray or for a vinyl wrap, in your opinions? (I believe Vinyl wrap would be best for removing if I change my mind later haha, and also the vinyl would give a layer of protection to the alloy as well in fairness).

thanks,

Nathan Front alloy.png

Hello Nathan, not sure about the places in Abu Dhabi, but wanted to share my experience, I got my rims spray painted with glossy black and they looked great for 3 years, then they started to peel off. Lets see if anyone has any experience with the wrap.

Sana

Comment

Sana,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

They do look good on that picture, and go really well against the Blue. Just a shame after 3 years they would need re-doing again.

How much did you pay for them to be done if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Just seen German Experts in Abu Dhabi do so, and they give 5 year warranty. So I am going to see how much they will charge for the alloy spray.

And then also question them regarding spraying front grill and side grills (rather than buy them new), all being gloss black I think would look good against the yas blue body

Comment

Originally posted by nathanwilson46 View Post
          Sana,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

They do look good on that picture, and go really well against the Blue. Just a shame after 3 years they would need re-doing again.

How much did you pay for them to be done if you don't mind me asking?
          Thank you! :)

It is indeed a shame, now I have to repaint them and fix few scratches. I cant remember how much I paid, I think it was around 3K.

Comment

Just been quoted 3360 for all 4 wheels

and then 1470 for
            front grille
            side vents
            rear diffuser
            both wing mirror covers

all to be sprayed gloss black.

but discounted down to 4100 with ADCB card.

5 yr warranty on the paint job, from German experts in Abu Dhabi.

not too bad that I don’t think actually.

Comment

I've just seen the brushed finish stock darker ones, and they look much better than fully gloss black, in my opinion, but I don't think any spray companies could be able to give that finish. What do you think? IMG_0913.jpg

Comment

Hello,

In Abu Dhabi go to GTA Car Care. They can paint and simultaneously repair (in case of any scratches) wheels for 200 a piece with warranty. All in all you should get the wheels done for 800 in your color of choice, plus 1000 or so I would say for the rest of the parts. Alternatively, new grilles are easier and you get to keep your originals, those cost around 300 from aliexpress and same for black mirror caps.

Good luck!

Comment

Hey,

I’ve previously painted my old wheels in satin black , they held quite well for 2-3 years but started chipping where the lug nuts go, i suggest you paint them, and stay away from these “ offers” of painting, cause most of the time they’ll give you a cheaper price, and apply less paint which will cause it to chip easily.

Furthermore, i’d stay away from wrapping as the conditions of the UAE and the heat levels we reach aren’t exactly ideal for wrapping ( especially that this specific area of the car has the highest temperatures).

id suggest heading to GTA as Karam suggested in the previous reply in abudhabi, or autowerks or orange Auto in Dubai

Comment

Thanks for the comments.

German Experts have gave me an example of the finish they can give, instead of going completely gloss.

6b3429d8-21cf-45f9-9ecc-ef4bd9a82854.JPG

200 aed per wheel? that seems very cheap to me

Have either of you had your painted from these cheaper spray garages?

Comment

I've just seen the brushed finish stock darker ones, and they look much better than fully gloss black, in my opinion, but I don't think any spray companies could be able to give that finish. What do you think? IMG_0913.jpg
                      i was going to suggest this finish. Dont go full black, it will drown out the wheel accents and features. Try to keep the OEM Black finish look with the brushed alum accents.

Current
                      E92 M3 - Mineral White
                      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                      E36 318is
                      E39 540i ///M sport
                      VW CC
                      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

nathanwilson46 Check Enzo bro! They did my silver trim in peelable gloss black paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Arbee View Post
                          nathanwilson46 Check Enzo bro! They did my silver trim in peelable gloss black paint.
                          Argh didn't realise they did that sort of thing as well.. Will give them a shout.

Also got a quote for a bit of wrapping from mmm Leadright near the BMW garage.

Just weighing up whether to go with spray or wrapping, still undecided

Comment

Argh didn't realise they did that sort of thing as well.. Will give them a shout.

Also got a quote for a bit of wrapping from mmm Leadright near the BMW garage.

Just weighing up whether to go with spray or wrapping, still undecided
                            Hey Nathan,

What did you finally get done? btw, check out Ruchik's M3 rims. They have been painted to mimic the diamond cut design. Ask him to send you a close up pic of the rims.
                            Current
                            E92 M3 - Mineral White
                            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                            E36 318is
                            E39 540i ///M sport
                            VW CC
                            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post

Hey Nathan,

What did you finally get done? btw, check out Ruchik's M3 rims. They have been painted to mimic the diamond cut design. Ask him to send you a close up pic of the rims.
                              Not done anything with my wheels yet mate.

Just ordered a few CF bits though:
                              Diffuser
                              Splitter covers
                              Grille

So will think about wheels next month, as the CF haven't been cheap

Comment

Working...
                              X