Crossed 400 WHP – first impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossed 400 WHP – first impressions

I’m very happy with this accomplishment and really can’t describe how much I am relieved to have finally managed to overcome the challenge of making this car one of the quickest s62s to date. This has been a very interesting project right from the beginning when it was sent abroad for the engine build, then the engine swap onto another car, then the troubleshooting and tuning. Ebrahim, Ayham, and Sal I can’t express how much you guys added value to this project.

Got her tuned yesterday on a dyno and had Sal with me on the line sending me updated files from his desk in UK, while using Ayham’s tool to put the car on Dyno mode (sorry for keeping you late)
    Naj, Wael, and the dyno owner thank you both for helping around with those files and IT related stuff.

Here’s a thread on M5 board showing the gains http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39...ter-dubai.html

I’m very pleased with the drastic change that the tune made, you can see it in the graphs in the link above. It really works if you ask and the car feels different and better in all aspects. I watched the car adapt to the tune pull after pull; the numbers keep on going up till they hold at certain figure.

Very impressive Bruno and congrats.
    1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
    2012 Camaro SS
    2007 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab: 6" lift,
    2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

Wow ! Those are some serious numbers for an NA S62 engine, glad you finally accomplised what you started.. Wait until you get the Evolve headers, it will get even better..

Time for a test drive Bruno :drive:

Comment

Just to add more, your car is a perfect example of a perfectly fine tuned E39 M5

Comment

Congratulations Sir Bruno!

There is avery good reaosn why I always put the "Sir" before your name. And I am sure everyone in this club knows it now.

You have turned the E39 into a real monster.
          sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

brilliant base car and big time/effort/money put by bruno :bow: true BMW maniac, I still remember my only ride as a passenger in that E39 (not sure which one as Bruno had 2) when Bruno told Ayham in Das autoworks "the money spend on my BMWs can buy a GTR" Ayham replied "if you buy a japanese car I donot what to know you" :rofl: and I said "me neither" :evil: I just love how we all have different taste and we defend it, respect to the true bimmers :bow: , mabrook man I hope to see it running on the streets soon :)
            I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

And it's finally over. Thanks for the opportunity to let us demonstrate our craziness as a network of builders, tuners, and racers all coming together into this project. Last night's test was truly well worth the months spent on it.

You enjoy the car now, well earned! Congrats...

Comment

Originally posted by yorky500 View Post
                Very impressive Bruno and congrats.

thanks

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                Wow ! Those are some serious numbers for an NA S62 engine, glad you finally accomplised what you started.. Wait until you get the Evolve headers, it will get even better..

Time for a test drive Bruno :drive:
                hopefully it should make some better numbers with the evolve headers and Reuters mufflers.

btw yesterday i had my stock exhaust on :D

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
                Congratulations Sir Bruno!

There is avery good reaosn why I always put the "Sir" before your name. And I am sure everyone in this club knows it now.

You have turned the E39 into a real monster.
                thank you for your kind words Don Hasan.

Originally posted by mahmoud_bedewi View Post

brilliant base car and big time/effort/money put by bruno :bow: true BMW maniac, I still remember my only ride as a passenger in that E39 (not sure which one as Bruno had 2) when Bruno told Ayham in Das autoworks "the money spend on my BMWs can buy a GTR" Ayham replied "if you buy a japanese car I donot what to know you" :rofl: and I said "me neither" :evil: I just love how we all have different taste and we defend it, respect to the true bimmers :bow: , mabrook man I hope to see it running on the streets soon :)

not sure but i think i should've just waited and picked up a ferrari instead. lol kidding BMW for life. :bow: and thanks for your kind words.

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                And it's finally over. Thanks for the opportunity to let us demonstrate our craziness as a network of builders, tuners, and racers all coming together into this project. Last night's test was truly well worth the months spent on it.

You enjoy the car now, well earned! Congrats...
                thank you sir.

Comment

This definitely deserves a :shisha: celebration
                  sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Congrats Bruno! You are a perfect example of a proper BMW Owner :D
                    sigpic
                    BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

Comment

Wont believe you till i dump the clutch and drop the pedal on that thing!
                      Meskovic
                      this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Alf Mabrouk Bruno, thats an insane power!!!
                        Now Whats NEXT.??

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
                        This definitely deserves a :shisha: celebration
                        :rofl2: We just want a reason!
                        - E82, 1M - Current
                        • Akrapovic Exhaust • BMW Performance Seats • BMW Performance Steering Wheel
                        - E30, 316 Touring - Current
                        • BBS Rims • Eibach Lowering Springs • Some Engine Modifications
                        - Nissan Xterra - Off Road - Current
                        E36, 318 Touring Sold
                        E36, M3 Evo Sold

Facebook Instagram SnapChat

Click HERE to get your BMW ///M Bracelets from BMW Club UAE

Comment

Now it's been Taken to next level
                          I still remember Bruno's first plan to just restore and fix smoke issue
                          now we are all proud of what been achived . For sure I won't forget Ayham hands and sal magic.
                          it's a dream becomes true

Mabrook Bruno u are really a Bimmer Monster but don't be kangoos I know there are more to show. Aloooooot of it very much too much :D

Comment

And nowww for the rest of the car... Body, interior, rims... !!!!!
                            Current:
                            2011 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade "Repsol Edition"..

Past ///M's:
                            2002 E39 M5 M/6speed LeMans Blue|Reuters Catback|SS Brake lines|EBC pads|Dinan strut brace|B&G Springs|19" VMR VB3 CSL Style rims|IATS|Lower grill with brake ducts|aFe Stage 2 intakes|Evosport under drive pulleys "audiophile"|ZHP Shifter with Alcantara boot and Alcantara handbrake boot|+++
                            2001 E46 M3 Coupe M/6speed Silver
                            1991 E34 M5 3.6L M/5speed Red
                            1993 E34 M5 3.8L M/5speed Black

Comment

u never give anyone a break do u Naj! :spank:
                              sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X