No announcement yet.

Air intake filter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It means it has a Turbo or a Supercharger.
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

I highly do NOT recommend CAI, I've tried them and they only ended up giving me engine mis-fires, a considerable reduction in performance. Unless you do install it i such a way that it extends to behind the front bumper for truly sucking in cold air then I think it's a bad idea. Even the heat shield does not do much to avoid hot air from the engine bay getting in. Best heat shield is the OEM box in my opinion. Good luck though! And Mr. Hassan, you just made me think of replacing my paper based filter with a K&N one for the OEM setup...is it as effective in filtering dust n all? Thanks alot bro :D

Past Ride: E39 530i
      Current Ride: E46 330i Hartge
      Mods: Matt Black Front Grille | Hartge ECU Chip Tuning | Smoked Rear lights | M3 front bumper | M-Tech rear spoiler | Stett performance headers | Rear M-tech 1 bumper

Comment

Originally posted by hamoodi_7 View Post
        I you just made me think of replacing my paper based filter with a K&N one for the OEM setup...is it as effective in filtering dust n all? Thanks alot bro :D
        I have done some research for my car and the best one I found was 99.2% filtration. Thats good for winter but no good for summer specially in UAE
        335i (Dual Clutch Transmission)-BMW Performance Exhaust- JB 4 -Stage 2 aFe Dual Cone Intakes-aFe air scoops-M tech kit-19" M Rims Painted Gunmetal-Michelin PS2
        White Angel Eyes-Carbon Fiber Mirror caps-BMW Performance High Speed Fan (850watts)-BMW Performance Diffuser-BMW Performance Stripes

Comment

Originally posted by hamoodi_7 View Post
          And Mr. Hassan, you just made me think of replacing my paper based filter with a K&N one for the OEM setup...is it as effective in filtering dust n all? Thanks alot bro :D
          I am not sure about the filteration and how much protection it will provide.

However, I have read a lot of reviews on these filetrs on M5Board and all them are positive.

Actually, I didn't consider the filteration when I bought the filters. I think we should do some research on them before you install them.
          sigpic

Comment

people you are way off topic big time!!!

Originally posted by -v- View Post
            Hello guys,

Anyone has any idea about a website where i can order and ship an air intake filter for my 130i?

Do u recommend any brand?
            is there a difference between what is called :cold air intake, and a regular K&N filter??
            try www.modbargains.com or http://www.europeanautosource.com/

since summer is approaching quickly if you decide to go with a cold air intake or a regular k&N filter you will risk damaging your air mass sensor. There is a major difference in the filter and CAI, a filter is the foam part that air passes through, aftermarket companies usually make it thinner to let in more air but risk letting in some dust/sand. The CAI is usually is complete replacement of the intake system, they usually re-design the airbox and change it to achieve more flow.

Airflow:

CAI>filter>oem airbox

Comment

When i said they let sand go to engine
              you told me this

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
              And who told you that.

Drop in filters are used because they make use of the OEM air box and protect against water and sand.
              Then you say this

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
              I am not sure about the filteration and how much protection it will provide.

However, I have read a lot of reviews on these filetrs on M5Board and all them are positive.

Actually, I didn't consider the filteration when I bought the filters. I think we should do some research on them before you install them.
              So I was right they do let sand. By sand i don't mean the sand you find in the beach. In summer the sand is so fine.
              I have searched the internet the best aftermarket filters filter 99.2%.
              Last edited by mn07; 31-03-2011, 02:42 PM.
              335i (Dual Clutch Transmission)-BMW Performance Exhaust- JB 4 -Stage 2 aFe Dual Cone Intakes-aFe air scoops-M tech kit-19" M Rims Painted Gunmetal-Michelin PS2
              White Angel Eyes-Carbon Fiber Mirror caps-BMW Performance High Speed Fan (850watts)-BMW Performance Diffuser-BMW Performance Stripes

Comment

I meant that drop in filters are better than CAI because you risk taking in water through the CAI.

Anyway, 99.2% filteration is not bad. How much filteration do you get with the OEM filter?
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X