Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW 335I tunning

Hello Guys,

I have BMW 335I 2009 model ,i have been reading on this forum about Chip tunning that doesn't require any modification on the real parts ,something like a software upgrade, any one had experience related to 335I?

Can u recommend a good place to do that in Dubai?
    and guys ,some of u ,please do not be a smart A** on me ,i have never ever tunned my cars.

Thanks in Advance,
    Last edited by Moodi; 26-12-2010, 03:04 PM. Reason: no reasons

Welcome to the Club. There will be a group tuning session end of January, wait until then.

Comment

Thanks for reply Ayham ,i ll join u for sure end of January ,but isnt there anything i can do b4 that?
      how about the prices? any idea of how much would that chip cost me?
      can i test that chip before i decide to buy it?
      thanks

Comment

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

It's a remap... Not a chip. You can go for a ride with other 335 owners and feel the difference in their cars. There won't be time to test it remove/put it back on because the tuner will be flying in and doing other cars at the same time

Comment

We haven't decided on the prices yet, it depends on the booked numbers. The tuner will be on a tight schedule, you can look at other 335's dyno results and decide for it or against it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
            There will be a group tuning session end of January
            Now that sounds interesting :bmwfan:
            07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

whats a remap?
              is it like software upgrade? any parts might be added?

Comment

whats a remap?
                is it like software upgrade? any parts might be added?

Comment

In a remap, the original ECU "map" is modified, saved as a new file, and uploaded to the ECU to overwrite thestock map. The original is always available with the tuner to upload it back again if the driver wishes so.

Comment

Thanks for the info Ayham ,is there any approximate price that you could share with us for the price of remapping BMW 335I?
                    I am just curious to know if my budget is enough.

Comment

No numbers yet.

Comment

I highly recommend a piggy back system. My pick would be Vishnu.

This way you don't fiddle with your OEM ECU, and get the luxury of different maps for different environments and fuel!

The vishnu ( or the upcoming JuiceBox 4 ) will also remove your speed limiter and display your current map and boost!

And you don't need to worry about dealer flashing your ECU on service visits either! It can be removed at any time and re-installed!

From my experience with twin turbo V6 and V8 engines, a remap of hte OEM ECU is unreliable and can cause boost leaks! Especially beause the turbos on your model are electronically controlled variable angle fin turbines!

Here's a thread

http://www.bmwclubuae.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3695
                        Last edited by designo; 27-12-2010, 12:29 AM.

Comment

I use the jb+ plug n play chip and honestly, it satisfies me.
                          I could help u if u need more info...a remap is good but its not as easy this chip which takes 2 mins to be installed and removed.

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
                          Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                            Welcome to the Club. There will be a group tuning session end of January, wait until then.

Viezu?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Moe View Post
                              I use the jb+ plug n play chip and honestly, it satisfies me.
                              I could help u if u need more info...a remap is good but its not as easy this chip which takes 2 mins to be installed and removed.
                              this is what i need ,some thing plug and play and can be easily uninstalled in case i went to the agency for inspection.
                              how much extra HP and torque are u getting out of this?
                              u feel any difference?

Comment

Working...
                              X