No announcement yet.

Evolve ECU Tune!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

VIEZU has shown good results with FI engines.

However they could not map my car properly.

My suggestion is that you meet both and ask a lot of questions and then you can decide which one to get.
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
      Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

VIEZU has shown good results with FI engines.

However they could not map my car properly.

My suggestion is that you meet both and ask a lot of questions and then you can decide which one to get.
      Hasan can I ask you a question?

The last time Viezu tried to map your car, do you know if your car's firmware was updated by the dealer? I believe your car is 2007 model right?

Because it was very probable that they thought your car had a V24, V25 or V27 firmware on it, but later realised your car was updated to V30 ( 2009/2010 ) and couldn't map it!

You know why?

Because he would have had to purchase the crack license called "Damos PatchWare" to properly map your DME. And that would have cost them 3000 Euros to purchase "ONLINE". He could have but probably didn't think you were worth it!

So if you had visited the dealer for whatever reason in 2009 or 2010, then most probably you have the latest firmware on your car!

Comment

Originally posted by designo View Post

The last time Viezu tried to map your car, do you know if your car's firmware was updated by the dealer? I believe your car is 2007 model right?

Because it was very probable that they thought your car had a V24, V25 or V27 firmware on it, but later realised your car was updated to V30 ( 2009/2010 ) and couldn't map it!

You know why?

Because he would have had to purchase the crack license called "Damos PatchWare" to properly map your DME. And that would have cost them 3000 Euros to purchase "ONLINE". He could have but probably didn't think you were worth it!

So if you had visited the dealer for whatever reason in 2009 or 2010, then most probably you have the latest firmware on your car!
        I am not sure, Sir. However, I do believe that the car has the latest firmware.
        sigpic

Comment

You know why?

The car has the latest software uploaded at Das. The tuner emailed all of that to VIEZU. Bottom line; they didn't know what they were doing. Period. They did good work on FI engines though, need to dyno a few of the N54s they worked on before we know their worth for sure.

Comment

Hi Guys!

Finally joined after getting back from holiday.

Thanks for the review Hasan!

It was great to meet all of you out in Dubai and thanks to all of you for your great hospitality and patience.

Comment

You know why?

I tuned 4 V10's in Dubai all with different software versions. Not once did I use a DAMOS and nor do I require a DAMOS for each different version of software.

You cannot purchase DAMOS files online from anywhere.

The guys as DAS saw me going through two V10 files both with different software versions. All I needed was my reference project file (my terminology) to find maps in different versions. One of them took me ages to do as the maps were at completely different addresses and were some calibrations were slightly different also.

Also, you cannot load a modified version of one software onto another. The Checksum would be incorrect along with the architecture.

Comment

Originally posted by i7i70 View Post
                Guys i am really glad to hear about this tune,, when is this genuis guy coming back to UAE? I HOPE VERY SOOON :)
                I drive 135i and i am looking to get my ECU remapped as well, any Suggestions
                ...:thanks2:
                Genius? Can't be me or anyone from my company then :)

No seriously, we are not genuises in anyway shape or form. We are just guys who take a genuine interest in our work and aim to be good at what we do. Just a result of hard work and research.

N54 engines - we were the first company in the UK to tune the N54 engine and the first to break the 400hp mark without resorting to high boost levels.
                All of our initial development cars were tested on the Nurburgring to the point they fell into limp mode so we could see how far we could push these cars.

We have tuned more N54's than anyone on the UK also and are now tuning quite a few internationally including 135i's, 335i's and X6 35i's.

Power gains are a genuine +60-70hp and there are few videos out there of our tuned cars running @ VMax.

Comment

Originally posted by evolve View Post
                  I tuned 4 V10's in Dubai all with different software versions. Not once did I use a DAMOS and nor do I require a DAMOS for each different version of software.

You cannot purchase DAMOS files online from anywhere.

The guys as DAS saw me going through two V10 files both with different software versions. All I needed was my reference project file (my terminology) to find maps in different versions. One of them took me ages to do as the maps were at completely different addresses and were some calibrations were slightly different also.

Also, you cannot load a modified version of one software onto another. The Checksum would be incorrect along with the architecture.
                  Hi Sal, how are you buddy?

First of all, hope to meet you when you are down here again inshala. Where were you guys at Autosport Show? You don't participate? Was at the NEC on Friday Trade day. Was searching for local tuners like yourselves!

A few questions regarding tuning V10's in Dubai.

1. Did you map these V10's with Stage 1 maps or custom maps?
                  2. Were any of the V10's you mapped LCI models? Or models 2008 and more?
                  3. What do you mean load a modified version onto another? Yes that's not possible, unless I misunderstood?
                  4. Did you tune all the V10's for pump gas? Do you live map them if necessary, do you check throttle response, antiknock possibilities and/or AFR using wideband?

And my final question:

Will you be prepared to map my car the next time you are there and compare pre and post tune results? And supply me your maps onto a Dimsport MyGenius device that I already have?

Thanks brother.

Comment

Hello Sal,

its me Ali who spoke to you over the phone when I was in London and you were on your holiday, didnt get the chance to meet you or your buddy but will hopefully do when you come down here..

I suggest you open a separate thread where members can ask any question/queries if they have..

and :welcome2: Aboard

Comment

Hi Guys!

Finally joined after getting back from holiday.

Thanks for the review Hasan!

It was great to meet all of you out in Dubai and thanks to all of you for your great hospitality and patience.
                      Welcome back Sal!

Hope you had a safe vacation.

I hear ya Bro!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                        Hello Sal,

its me Ali who spoke to you over the phone when I was in London and you were on your holiday, didnt get the chance to meet you or your buddy but will hopefully do when you come down here..

I suggest you open a separate thread where members can ask any question/queries if they have..

and :welcome2: Aboard
                        Hi Ali,

Thanks for the welcome!

Comment

Hi Sal, how are you buddy?

First of all, hope to meet you when you are down here again inshala. Where were you guys at Autosport Show? You don't participate? Was at the NEC on Friday Trade day. Was searching for local tuners like yourselves!

A few questions regarding tuning V10's in Dubai.

1. Did you map these V10's with Stage 1 maps or custom maps?
                          2. Were any of the V10's you mapped LCI models? Or models 2008 and more?
                          3. What do you mean load a modified version onto another? Yes that's not possible, unless I misunderstood?
                          4. Did you tune all the V10's for pump gas? Do you live map them if necessary, do you check throttle response, antiknock possibilities and/or AFR using wideband?

And my final question:

Will you be prepared to map my car the next time you are there and compare pre and post tune results? And supply me your maps onto a Dimsport MyGenius device that I already have?

Thanks brother.
                          Hi Ahmed,

Stage 2 maps were loaded on all cars. Custom mapping is a subject we shall cover in detail if your interested.

All control units are the same on these cars and it makes no difference if it's an LCi model or post 2008. I am not actually sure what year the cars were.

We do not live map these cars. For that you need an emulator and on a fairly stock car with light modification it's completely pointless. Again, this is a long discussion we need to have and it will really help the members here.

We could tune your car but you seem to have a good gain in power already.
                          I guess when we come over we can have a go and then you can decide if you want to go for it or not. There will be no charge if you don't want to go with it. This is something we can discuss.

Finally - what do you mean by check throttle response? Anti knock or knock detection is retained so we know we don't have to check that. You have to understand that this ECU is very much radical to what you may think. It's not an old 1980's ECU where it gets very limited information from sensors with a primitive processor.

Thanks
                          Salman
                          Last edited by evolve; 18-01-2011, 03:56 PM.

Comment

after reading this thread, im extremely interested in an ECU tune for my car, is it possible for an ECU tune on a 98 M73 750iL?

Comment

Working...
                            X