Evolve ECU Tune!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evolve ECU Tune!!!

Ok! On this one. I shall let the pictures and the videos talk first.

Then, my turn.

First, the video.

[YOUTUBE]2u1CGd2iseo&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

The results. I gained almost 33 WHP from this tune and the car now redlines at 8600 RPM. But this is only a glimpse of the improvement, the car just rockets from 4000 RPM to 8600 RPM. Its almost like its forced induced.

Stock results, an average of 3 runs.

Tuned results, an average of 4 runs.

Comparison between stock and tune.

The Effects

I have no words to express what the car does. It is absolutely insane. And scary enough to make anyone **** their pants. Anyone, who wants to test this can have a 15 minute ride with Ayham in that car.

The Experience

About a month back I received a call from Bruno that someone from UK was flying in to tune his car and I could get mine tuned as well, if I was interested. "Another tune", I thought. Well what the heck, I said I shall do it. Out of curiosity, asked Bruno who was coming. A guy named Salman from Evolve Automotive and I was like Evolve who ?????????????

Well last week Bruno called me again and told me that the guy was in UAE and we could meet up at Das over the weekend. So, I went to Das this Staurday, expecting another desaster . Inside, Ayham's office I saw a short chubby guy with a laptop and a British accent. I said to myself, "How much pain can this cause?".

After the usual introductions and exchange of pleasentries, we went with the guy and downloaded my stock map into his paltop. He said he would create a project file for my tune. WoW! Project file, does this guy even know what he is doing. Well, he made the project file and showed it to us. All we saw was some computer code in the form of numberic digits grouped together. ery pretty, but I could not understand what it was and how it shall be tuned.

He started explaining the code and its different components and the real crazy stuff started coming out and we challenged him on everything he said. This guy is an ocean of information and he drowned all of us. He showed us how they break the ECU code into different segments and how each segment affects the physical components in the engine and how it correlates with other segments of the code and the physical components as well.

Then he started taking us through the tune process. There were around 50 segments of the ECU code. He told us we only need to tune like 15 of them, the rest do not need to be changed. He took us rthough each segment's tune and told us what changes he is making, why he is making the change, what effect it shall have on the physical components to the egine and what other segments to code shall need to be changed to make everything work in perfect harmony. I had never imagined that I would be able to understand the ECU in such detail and appreciate what a work of art it is.

It was an experience that cannot be explained with words. One has to go through it to know what I am talking about. This guy is a GENIUS. That is the only word that can describe him. The tune works and works perfectly to unleash the true monster hidden in any ///M engine.

I am truely greatful to Ayham, Bruno, Das Autowroks, Evolve and Salman all in alphabetical order for a truely unique and once in a lifetime experience and turning my car into an almost uncontrollable monster.

Special thanks to Sam for allowing us free usage of his dyno.

OCEANS OF GRATITUDE TO ALL OF YOU!!!

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

My advice to all the members in this club, go for the Evolve ECU Tune. Its a must have for all cars. You shall see that you never knew how much power was hidden in it.
    Last edited by Hasan Shaikh; 20-12-2010, 02:31 PM.
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

awesome!!!! glad for you bro! mashaallah :)
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
      awesome!!!! glad for you bro! mashaallah :)
      :thanks:
      sigpic

Comment

Congratz to you Hasan! Now I'm really eager to see the car up live :D
        sigpic
        BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

Comment

Originally posted by SHkater View Post
          Congratz to you Hasan! Now I'm really eager to see the car up live :D
          :thanks2:
          sigpic

Comment

i never got the chance to look at your dyno graphs since i left early... lovely.

Sal knows what's his doing and i'm glad it worked out well for you Hasan Bhai.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
              i never got the chance to look at your dyno graphs since i left early... lovely.

Sal knows what's his doing and i'm glad it worked out well for you Hasan Bhai.
              Thanks Bruno Bhai Sb

It was all your hard work, and we got the benefit out of it.

I wish we could have seen your M5 after the tune. :bmwflag:

:thanks:
              sigpic

Comment

i'll get the vanos replaced and re-time the cams and fly sal over in Jan...

but i'm really impressed with the gain across the entire RPM range.

Comment

Well done Hasan ! That's a great news, Evolve people know what they're doing, so there you go, got the best from the best

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                    i'll get the vanos replaced and re-time the cams and fly sal over in Jan...

but i'm really impressed with the gain across the entire RPM range.
                    Sir Bruno! You are not impressed yet! But, You will be when you drive it. For a teaser, you can ask Ayham about his drive this morning. Let me know when you are around and we shall go for a drive.

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                    Well done Hasan ! That's a great news, Evolve people know what they're doing, so there you go, got the best from the best
                    Thanks Ali! Evolve have truely done a great job.
                    sigpic

Comment

woooow, i heard about the result even b4 i saw this well briefing post im happy for the result in ur real monster now and definitely it ll be my turn and next step im doing when salman come back here as bruno said :)
                      1st i need to install the Eisenmann Exhaust in jan. then the monster will be ready to become bigger thirsty monster :D
                      to Evolve for the excellent job as usual.

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                      E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

I dealt with many tuners over the years, read a lot about different tuning theories for anything called a BMW engine, and have submitted my car to a couple of them as well. Tuning is a VERY, VERY deceiving thing and is largely subjective to the power of suggestion. I bet you anything that anybody can have your car for a few days claiming they're tuning it, do nothing to it more than remapping the throttle map, release it and do the usual shinanigans of how the car is like a bat outta hell. The more recognized the brand name, the worse this effect is.

Having said that, I was happy to hear Sal say the following: "Tuning is an experience, and the driver must be involved in all the steps". Hence, the guys were sitting with him infront of his laptop screen while he kept explaining what looked like jebrish written in numbers. He really takes his time explaining why numbers are what they are compared to stock/previous maps. To top it off, dynos don't lie, it was all proven consistently run after run.

Finally finding a "genuine" and true software tuner that takes an engineering approach to things is a delight, and I have enjoyed our conversations on MANY bolt on tunes and the different tuning theories. Having said that, Das Autoworks is currently holding talks with Evolve to establish a joint venture to serve all that are interested in this service. Congrats Hasan for being the happy guinea pig you are to day :)

P.S: This M6 is seriously scarry now, it's a task trying to coordinate the steering wheel and the throttle all the time.

Comment

Amazing news ayham, then next step will be at ur workshop i guess :)
                          and is it un-traceable? i mean the stealer can know if the ECU has been remapped?
                          TBH, damn to them and I don’t care if its traceable or not :D, I need the real engine power to be released!

E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Untraceable...

Comment

count me in for the next one!!

Comment

Working...
                              X