Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW 325i e36 93' idle rpm problem. plz help

Hi,

I just brought the car 2 days ago. the car passed muroor test. later When i start my engine the idle engine rpm is 1000-1500 rpm. even i drive the car whole day. still its 1000-1500 rpm. this should be in 500-700 level. could anyone help, i feel something is wrong. where can i check the engine and other stuff in abu dhabi. as this is my first car and i have no idea where to check.

-Tanbir

The throttle cable is too tight.

Comment

so can i loose that a bit my self or i have to go to a garage?

Comment

You could try jiggling it back and forth, if that fails stop by any grease monkey.

Comment

ok. let me try thn.

Comment

Number 4 in the image is where you'll find a tumbler adjuster for the throttle cable. Twist that till the cable is loose enough for the car to idle normally but not too loose or the gas pedal will feel sloppy. If that won't fix it, then we're looking into other issue here.
            sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
            Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
            LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
            P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
            Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

ok i tried to get the throttle cable but , i dont have any tools to open the bmw cover first. so i thought to go to musaffah tomorrow.

i also found this thing. now is it like this or its a broken thing?

Comment

Alternator cooling duct, they look like that after some years.

Comment

You don't need to remove the BMW cover unless u r planning to change the spark plugs or the coils ... the throttle cable the guys are talking about is on the other side ..

Comment

Working...
                  X