Tensai's Dyno Day: One-day offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jassem99 View Post
    First let me thank all the BMW club members for showing up for this dyno day. The pictures look really nice with so many BMW's at TENSAI. Glad to see no hiccups were experienced on the Mustang AWD-500, especially with your "intelligent" electronics which end the fun on other dynos.

I have to admit the 1/4 mile is the fun part of using the Mustang dyno, especially with that bright Xmas tree! As some of you may know, you can use physics to calculate bhp from the weight of your car and your 1/4 mile trap speed. Online calculators are out there somewhere. Trap speeds are almost the same regardless of how good or bad your launch is, so it's safe to use trap speed as a reliable hp indicator.

Alquazi, theoretically it is ideal to use the 1:1 ratio in order to minimise friction losses in the gearbox, but on some cars that ratio spins the rollers to ridiculous speeds (e.g. Camaro doing 240+kph), which in turn increases the friction in the dyno roller bearings. Even though our dyno is rated to 175mph and the whp output is compensated for dyno bearing friction losses ("parasitic losses" in Mustang talk), we don't like to go that high for safety reasons. Besides, we've tried different ratios on different cars, and the results vary. Some cars make similar power in 3rd or 4th, while others make more in 3rd, and yet others make more in 4th. Turbo cars behave differently from NA.

Summary: don't worry about what gear you dyno in. Just make a mental note so that you are always tested in the same gear when on the same dyno. Generally at TENSAI we like to pick something that will hit 160-200kph at redline without getting caught up whether this gives high or low whp readings. If we wanted high numbers we would have bought a dynojet...

And finally, thanks for the videos Eyad. You're a star.
    Thanks, the way you put it makes a lot of sense.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
    Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
    Schrick cams
    Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
    Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
    KW Coilovers V3
    WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

i've taken several pictures but been lazy to edit and upload.

these are 2 samples i've been playing with

and another one

Comment

amazing pics.....lol look at me in the back :D
        bruno where is the group one u took from top?! yala man post them all

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
        E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

here you go.. i have a bit more.

Comment

Fadi Bikawi, be it competition or tuning, good or bad, he's always smiling :) Love his attitude...

Comment

thanx bruno :D love the pics

E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

np...here are some more

Comment

looks like you had alot of fun guyz cant wait to gett my car to try it there next time i hope :)

btw great pic's and video's

E36 1996 325 coupe MT + supercharged RIP
                  E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech + Bolt On's CURRENT
                  E30 1989 325 M50 Mtech coupe MT + RIP
                  E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech coupe AT SOLD
                  E30 1991 325 low 4door AT SOLD
                  E30 1988 320 ac schnitzer 4door AT RIP
                  E36 1992 325 M50nv MT DRIFT/RACE CAR CURRENT
                  E34 1991 525 ac schnitzer Daily CURRENT

Comment

Fantastic stuff guys! Props to all of you for attending!

Great videos Eyad! Thank you sir

Comment

thanx ahmad :D

Comment

Working...
                      X