Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any experience with original BMW performance upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So am I buddy...BMW Performance parts have a long way to go to be taken as "serious" track tools. Alas, if dealers here are bothered, they must throw a track day at YAS Island for the public with some BMW Performance-equipped cars...Could that happen?!

Comment

Originally posted by Ehssan View Post
      10.000 AED ???? , with all the mods and upgrades on my car , I didn't reach 10.000 AED yet ,, OMG .. as far as I heard is that the OEM performance kit will add not more than 30HP , but it's good for people who track a lot cuz they focused on controling the oil heat - and air flow ... but nothing much ...

so if you take your car to the track very often , then go for it .. because that's the only issue I face when i go to the track , i can't handle the oil heat more than 20 minutes of hard driving ..
      -------
      I think you are right - around 30 BHP and 50 NM of torque. further I guess your comment about the heat supports why the original kit includes an additional radiator/fan (which I guess also goes part of the way in explaining the somewhat high cost as this is not "just" a re-map but also additional parts)

Comment

Ayham : get out of these doors ( in arabic : tlaa3 min hal elbwaab ) . what track car from BMW ,, u better be joking man ,, they are not paying comission to the sales people ...hahhahaha .. bastarad

Comment

Originally posted by lon View Post
          Am considering fitting the BWM performance power kit to my E93 335. It should increase torque from 400 to 450NM while of course ensuring my 5 year service pack and extended warrenty stays intact. Anyone has any experience with the power kit?
          Originally posted by reak6ion View Post
          That's already quite an amount...If u didnt do it yet go over the thread talking about Viezu Performance and read the feedback of people that went for that remap already.U will find the ME authorised dealer cell number as well,Mr Suhaib,giv him a call he'll be more than happy to update u with any info u want.
          But what i am sure of is that its gonna cost u a lot less for a better result.
          Keep us updated! Good Luck
          ;)
          Originally posted by Ehssan View Post
          10.000 AED ???? , with all the mods and upgrades on my car , I didn't reach 10.000 AED yet ,, OMG .. as far as I heard is that the OEM performance kit will add not more than 30HP , but it's good for people who track a lot cuz they focused on controling the oil heat - and air flow ... but nothing much ...

so if you take your car to the track very often , then go for it .. because that's the only issue I face when i go to the track , i can't handle the oil heat more than 20 minutes of hard driving ..
          Originally posted by Ayham View Post
          BMW Performance will not handle continuous track conditions, period! That's not their target audience....For track junkies, there are track-focused aftermarket parts ;)

Well personally if i had money i would go for this.
          Yes i agree 10,000dhs is to much but think about it.
          1 .you keep your warranty.
          2. Your fuel consumption does not increase remain just like stock.
          3.You gain 30 HP and 50Nm . Which means (could only find the info for the 4door) 0-100 0.2s faster and 80-120 0.5s faster.
          4.they add an intercooler, change your fan to high speed fan and take out your fog lights and replace it with vents. All this is for better cooling. So when your in summer and its 45°C and stuck in traffic you have more cooling power.
          5.BMW made this so Yes 10,000 sounds alot but i think in the long run its worth it.I mean yes you can gain 40-60 HP from JB4 and it costs 2000Dhs but you risk canceling your warranty and service contract and in 3-4 years I think you have to spend more amount in repairs.

PS I was collecting money for this kit but got bored and impatient and blew all my money for the BMW performance exhaust.
          Last edited by mn07; 04-04-2011, 03:41 AM.
          335i (Dual Clutch Transmission)-BMW Performance Exhaust- JB 4 -Stage 2 aFe Dual Cone Intakes-aFe air scoops-M tech kit-19" M Rims Painted Gunmetal-Michelin PS2
          White Angel Eyes-Carbon Fiber Mirror caps-BMW Performance High Speed Fan (850watts)-BMW Performance Diffuser-BMW Performance Stripes

Comment

Working...
          X