Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to find a rear diff gear/final drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to find a rear diff gear/final drive?

Guys, I have a Euro (210mm diff equipped) E36 M3 Evo. Comes with stock 3.23 drive and I would like to upgrade to a 3.91 or 4.10 or heck even higher if I could, final drive.

I know the auto M3s in the US came with 3.32 (still too low for me) and E46s come with 3.4ish gear (still low). The Sport packaged 325i auto came with a 3.91. Which car came with a 4.1? Where can I find one and what's the street price on these?

Lutfy

E46 M3 has a 3.62 LSD, which I think is the best compromise for your application (a barely street driveable M3!).

I think TMS sells the 3.91 & 4.10, but for the E46 M3. Worth an email to Doug and see if they can fit it in an E36 diff housing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
      E46 M3 has a 3.62 LSD, which I think is the best compromise for your application (a barely street driveable M3!).

I think TMS sells the 3.91 & 4.10, but for the E46 M3. Worth an email to Doug and see if they can fit it in an E36 diff housing.
      Well from my previous conversation with Brian Watts, the higher diff ratio (3.91 and above) is more suited for a 6 spd tranny as a race car. My STi had a 3.90 from the factory and I loved the fact that I had 3 usable gears (solid 3rd, 4th and 5th) vs LONG *** 3rd and 4th.

Hoping I can source this locally, if all else fails, I will have to get it from the US.

Lutfy

Comment

What about the Diffs on the Club car? what ratio is that running? we can get one from jordan again! they are about aed2000 shipped!
        Meskovic
        this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Wait, so youre telling me the E46 M3 LSD unit fits in an E36 diff housing ? LSD or not E36 diff housing ?
          sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
          Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
          LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
          P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
          Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by Nabil View Post
            What about the Diffs on the Club car? what ratio is that running? we can get one from jordan again! they are about aed2000 shipped!
            I think thats a 3.91 I could be wrong. I need the gear only no diff. Its a 210 diff (vs 188 or so the US cars came with).

Lutfy

Comment

Originally posted by Nabil View Post
              i paid around 8000 AED for 3 diffs if i'm not mistaken. 2666 per diff.

ouch my pocket.

Originally posted by Lutfy View Post
              I think thats a 3.91 I could be wrong. I need the gear only no diff. Its a 210 diff (vs 188 or so the US cars came with).

Lutfy

i don't know if this one will fit or not, perhaps you know better. have a look at the link and tell me what you think
              http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread...ghlight=pinion

i have a source in dubai but i will have to be there to get you the diff. and do the communication with the guy. but then again he sells the entire diff and you just replace it with yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                i paid around 8000 AED for 3 diffs if i'm not mistaken. 2666 per diff.

ouch my pocket.

i don't know if this one will fit or not, perhaps you know better. have a look at the link and tell me what you think
                http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread...ghlight=pinion

i have a source in dubai but i will have to be there to get you the diff. and do the communication with the guy. but then again he sells the entire diff and you just replace it with yours.
                Thats the 188 sized diff which will fit the US spec cars. Mine is the larger 210 diff.

Lutfy

Comment

3,91 diff Ratio only are Up for sale

contact me :E30Cabrio:

Comment

I'd say go for 4.10 ... If I had the money, I would do it !
                    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                    eMail:
                    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Working...
                    X