Speed limit.. Japan cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speed limit.. Japan cars

I have an e36 328i which is imported from Japan,, and I was surprised last Friday that the car reached 200km/h easily and stopped accelerating...!!!

The rpm came back to around 4 and stopped there..
    So are all cars imported from Japan limited to a certain speed...

And how is this limit removed, and is it costy..??
    Is it risky with any of the electronics in the car...??
    M 'nM=my initials, charges with :///M:power, even not driving one..
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________
    e36 328i vert, e46 323 ci
    Older rides: colt '95, punto '03, astra coupe '00

Not that we endorse such driving, in fact we frown upon such acts.

However, and to my knowledge, JDM spec BMWs do not have the speed limit enforced on JDM Japanese cars. However, the limit can be removed. Contact Shak X and see if he can work his magic on yours, otherwise a chip would do just that. You can contact member Jassem99 for a hookup.

Comment

i think your speedometer is not working properly as well, according to my knowledge it should be limited to 180 km/h not 200 and this is standard in all JDMs
      even japanese monsters like skyline GTR come with this speed limit (180 km/h)
      I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

Originally posted by mahmoud_bedewi View Post
        i think your speedometer is not working properly as well, according to my knowledge it should be limited to 180 km/h not 200 and this is standard in all JDMs
        even japanese monsters like skyline GTR come with this speed limit (180 km/h)
        The first R34 GT-R I've driven wouldn't go beyond 180km/h, though it got there REALLY fast, but it was a huge disappointment for me.

Comment

it would go beyond 180 km/h if and only if the GPS detects that it is in a japanese race track.....one of the features of a JDM GTR R34 is that it unlocks its speed limiter if it detects it is in one of the japanses race track
          due to the famous 180 figure i think xplod55 speedo is not working properly

Comment

Originally posted by mahmoud_bedewi View Post
            it would go beyond 180 km/h if and only if the GPS detects that it is in a japanese race track.....one of the features of a JDM GTR R34 is that it unlocks its speed limiter if it detects it is in one of the japanses race track
            Yes thats true, ive seen in one of those Jap videos that the limiter unlocks once on track and the GPS detection is something ive never come across ever.. Interesting way !

Comment

If he doesnt feel that the accelerator pedal is fighting back then no it is not restricted and it would be that the car cant go beyong 200 for other reasons
              Meskovic
              this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Originally posted by Nabil View Post
                If he doesnt feel that the accelerator pedal is fighting back then no it is not restricted and it would be that the car cant go beyong 200 for other reasons
                Agree with Nabil, if the car can go beyond 180 km/h there could be other reasons for it not crossing 200.. Most of the Japanese cars are locked at 180 km/h, I have Nissan Altima and Toyota Land Cruisers in examples, all come locked at 180 km/h and not more..

Comment

what do u mean by pedal is fighting back
                  what i know is that some kind of fuel cutoff happens

Comment

exactly, you would feel the fuel cutting in the pedal, it would rfuse to be pressed to the max, I used to get that with my SS and the X Evo 7 (Japanese spec)
                    Meskovic
                    this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

X Evo 7 (Japanese spec)
                      interesting topic to discuss, so u had an EVO before?

Comment

yep!
                        Meskovic

Comment

i conclude from that...
                          Better to keep below the 200 limit, and avoid messing around with the car's own will
                          M 'nM=my initials, charges with :///M:power, even not driving one..
                          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________
                          e36 328i vert, e46 323 ci
                          Older rides: colt '95, punto '03, astra coupe '00

Comment

My jap M3 EVO:///M: goes way past 260 klicks without a problem.The only restriction jap cars have is a speed restrict buzzer thats all!!!!.
                            Seems like there is an issue with the DME electronics (sensors).
                            Drop by the "X" for a free diagostic check (GT1).
                            "All shall be revealed"

Comment

Originally posted by shak "X" View Post
                              My jap M3 EVO:///M: goes way past 260 klicks without a problem.The only restriction jap cars have is a speed restrict buzzer thats all!!!!.
                              Seems like there is an issue with the DME electronics (sensors).
                              Drop by the "X" for a free diagostic check (GT1).
                              "All shall be revealed"
                              :evil:

Comment

Working...
                              X