Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decat was done, now what?...Borla, Fox...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decat was done, now what?...Borla, Fox...?

I've just "decated" my car and it performs much better, i can feel the engine breathing much better...as if it used to have an "azma" and now its gone.

The noise its making is a bit weird, noisy?...yes, ugly?...yes and i dont know what else to say about it.
    I've been recommended to go for Borla full exhaust system, i know that might be expensive but i've been told its the best i can get.
    What about FOX? i read a lot about it in the local newspapers. is there a big difference between borla and fox? any other alternatives?
    sigpic

i'm not the M3 expert, but if you go with Borla check out their oval tips coz i remember they looked very nice on the M3 & gave it a very muscular rear ;)

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Borla FTW !!! :D
      sigpic
      07' HFP Accord | Current
      HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

BORLA FTW!!! and yes... Oval tips it is! :D
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

PM me for an "alternative" :) :) :)
          sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
          Dubai Investment Park 2
          The Curve Building Complex
          Warehouse No.1
          P.O Box 28638
          Dubai, United Arab Emirates
          Office: +97148830851
          Web: www.simonmotorsport.com
          Email: Franz@simonmotorsport.com
          Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/simonmotorsportdxb
          Instagram: http://instagram.com/simon_motorsport_dubai#

Comment

Round tips are :drool: ... Just me ! ;)
            sigpic
            07' HFP Accord | Current
            HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Im not an M3 expert as well, but Id suggest you to once check out Reuters exhaust.. I dont know about Borla, but what I do know is that Reuters Exhausts are hand made.. It might be cheaper and better as well :dunno:

Comment

i have borla cat back on infiniti G35.......it sounds great specially in the airport tunnel ;)
                also i was a passenger in an M3 with borla as well and it was like dolby surround sound........it was great
                btw this M3 was Ayham's E46 but with the previous owner was yousef ...so u can consult both
                one point coz my system's tip is oval..........forget about silencers later they will never fit even if they r custom-made ... i know the last sentence is a bit off topic but in hot wheather, the sound can be annoying with resonance around 2000 rpm which is the normal operating band in dubai traffic and u might think of taking a break by using silencer
                I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

I heard your car Luay and I think it sounds straight damn mean with the increased rasp!! I loved it on the track....It's VERY edgy, just like how an M3 should be. I don't know if you were watching my runs, the car has a full BORLA Race System and I think it's the ultimate kit for the E46.

Comment

the rasp is normal.

after taking off the cats from the section 1 of the exhaust system you will gain HP and free the trapped ponies. to decrease the rasp you will have to install an aftermarket section 2 with a resonator.

the mufflers won't increase or decrease the rasp.

Comment

my SS is on the ground at the moment as they were working on the bushings previously. pass by i'll install them on your car and we can both see if the supersprint section 2 reduces the rasp.

Comment

http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/raspx/
                        look wat i found it includes a video clip that compares the sound
                        i think this page explains the story
                        I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

I'm passing by on Saturday, we still have some work to do on my car.
                          I'll try to SS and see how it goes..
                          Have you seen the wheels i got from Simon? what do you think?

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                          my SS is on the ground at the moment as they were working on the bushings previously. pass by i'll install them on your car and we can both see if the supersprint section 2 reduces the rasp.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luay View Post
                            Have you seen the wheels i got from Simon? what do you think?
                            pics or it never happened :P

BMW history:
                            07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

sorry i didn't pay attention for the wheels :S just went to pick up my other car and take pictures of my m3 torn apart

Comment

Working...
                              X