Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think about FOX Exhaust systems???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simon, I must say that everybody I know with Fox exhausts are super happy! I don't know where this is coming from, my experiences tell a completely different story. Begged???

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
      Simon, I must say that everybody I know with Fox exhausts are super happy! I don't know where this is coming from, my experiences tell a completely different story. Begged???
      How many people do you want me to tell you who can share their story with you..

But what you said makes sense.. if you dont know better.. you are happy with what you get.. And Ayham.. especially you who has a Garage.. are you agreeing to the fact that building an Exhaust needs only some pipes, some welding and some universal resonators and mufflers..?

I would love to refer you to the company who builds my Exhaust currently in Germany (NOT Eisenmann) and they can explain you how difficult it is to build an exhaust and how much research you need to build a proper Exhaust. If it would be soo easy why do big companies like Eisenmann, Supersprint etc spend milliions in development and month and month of testing before the release an Exhaust system..
      sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
      Dubai Investment Park 2
      The Curve Building Complex
      Warehouse No.1
      P.O Box 28638
      Dubai, United Arab Emirates
      Office: +97148830851
      Web: www.simonmotorsport.com
      Email: Franz@simonmotorsport.com
      Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/simonmotorsportdxb
      Instagram: http://instagram.com/simon_motorsport_dubai#

Comment

Originally posted by maverick View Post
        Hey Simon,

I got fox cans on my Z4M and they aren't bad. The sound is consistent even now and i haven't had any feeling of loss in power. I haven't dyno'ed the car or anything to stand by this claim and mine wasn't very expensive also. But from experience i had a positive result overall.

Its got a very loud sound while revving, perfect base while cruising with no drone whatsoever and the gear shifts are pretty audible. I am one of the lucky few eh! :woot:
        I am glad that you are happy.. different people are different to please.. However, you should have dynoed before and after and you could have thanked me later for the tip :)

Anyway, as i said.. i am glad that you are happy.. but do you have any comparison???

People are very happy with a 330 until they drive an M3!

Just my 50 cent
        sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
        Dubai Investment Park 2
        Warehouse No.1
        P.O Box 28638

Comment

I have bad experiences at fox for both M3 and my Lumina SS, I wanted only the catback, they made them for me at 4k dhs and the drone was so loud I got a massive headache after 5min driving. My car was shaking from the drone. I went back and gave put the stock ones on, they refused to fix it and refused to give my money back so I basically just gave them 4k dhs for free!!!
          Current:
          2011 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade "Repsol Edition"..

Past ///M's:
          2002 E39 M5 M/6speed LeMans Blue|Reuters Catback|SS Brake lines|EBC pads|Dinan strut brace|B&G Springs|19" VMR VB3 CSL Style rims|IATS|Lower grill with brake ducts|aFe Stage 2 intakes|Evosport under drive pulleys "audiophile"|ZHP Shifter with Alcantara boot and Alcantara handbrake boot|+++
          2001 E46 M3 Coupe M/6speed Silver
          1991 E34 M5 3.6L M/5speed Red
          1993 E34 M5 3.8L M/5speed Black

Comment

Originally posted by simon*X View Post
            I am glad that you are happy.. different people are different to please.. However, you should have dynoed before and after and you could have thanked me later for the tip :)

Anyway, as i said.. i am glad that you are happy.. but do you have any comparison???
            Thanks Simon, I just shared my experience. In terms of comparison, i would say mine sounds exactly the same as Aboudi's (Sepang bronze Z4M) Hamann exhaust. No drone and a deep base sound. Simon, maybe you should check mine out sometime. Let me know when you are free! :hay:

One thing though, i would say the fox weighs as much as OEM or slightly lesser

NAJ: sorry to hear about your experience. Mine cost AED 3500/- for two mufflers with four chromed oval tips! The reason i went with fox was because they played soundclips from other installations and i chose one. To be honest, that really didnt matter as FOX has only two sound levels, medium and loud and i chose medium. But in the end i was satisfied. :D
            [SIZE="1"]Current:

'09 911 Turbo | Basalt Black | 6speed Manual | SSK |mcchip-dkr Stage2 550hp | Speedtech X-flow 3.0 exhaust | Techart Tips | 997.2 F+R conversion | zunsport mesh| FVD Spacers | KW V3 coilover
            '09 BMW M3 | Silverstone | DCT | Supersprint Race Exhaust | CF bits
            '08 BMW Z4M Coupe [TOTAL'ED] | White | Volk Racing 18" TE37'SL alloys | H&R Sport springs | Fox Exhaust | APR CF front splitter | Tekarbon rear lip | ZHP Shifter

Comment

Originally posted by maverick View Post
              Thanks Simon, I just shared my experience. In terms of comparison, i would say mine sounds exactly the same as Aboudi's (Sepang bronze Z4M) Hamann exhaust. No drone and a deep base sound. Simon, maybe you should check mine out sometime. Let me know when you are free! :hay:

One thing though, i would say the fox weighs as much as OEM or slightly lesser

NAJ: sorry to hear about your experience. Mine cost AED 3500/- for two mufflers with four chromed oval tips! The reason i went with fox was because they played soundclips from other installations and i chose one. To be honest, that really didnt matter as FOX has only two sound levels, medium and loud and i chose medium. But in the end i was satisfied. :D

Maverick, Hamann exhausts are made by Supersprint, so Aboudi actually has a Supersprint exhaust with a Hamann badge.

As i said i am glad you are happy but i wont change my mind about Fox..

Cheers
              sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
              Dubai Investment Park 2
              Warehouse No.1
              P.O Box 28638

Comment

When I talk about Fox and similar manufacturers, I'm mainly talking about their bang-for-the-buck. I did not compare them to multi-thousand dollar kits, so that's clear now.

And Simon, unlike most, I've "academically" studied exhausts; that's with mathematics, physics, thermodynamics, and fluid mechanics tools to analyze exhaust systems all the way to jet fighters. So I think my contribution might be worth $0.2.

You wanna talk about high-end exhaust manufacturers? Alright, since I do own a workshop then let me tell you this, most of the kits that people buy online are originally re-branded Chinese products. All the way to titanium exhausts. In no way I'm implying your product is like that, but since you wanted some fact, I believe I've delivered some. :)

Comment

When I talk about Fox and similar manufacturers, I'm mainly talking about their bang-for-the-buck. I did not compare them to multi-thousand dollar kits, so that's clear now.

And Simon, unlike most, I've "academically" studied exhausts; that's with mathematics, physics, thermodynamics, and fluid mechanics tools to analyze exhaust systems all the way to jet fighters. So I think my contribution might be worth $0.2.

You wanna talk about high-end exhaust manufacturers? Alright, since I do own a workshop then let me tell you this, most of the kits that people buy online are originally re-branded Chinese products. All the way to titanium exhausts. In no way I'm implying your product is like that, but since you wanted some fact, I believe I've delivered some. :)

Well you know.. the bang for the buck thing is true, but if you drive a M badged car you shouldnt think about bang for the buck or lets say in Dubai language. cheap cheap cheap. Yes exactly and because you studied all that you should really know that its not the perfect solution what fox does.. or since when can you use the same resonator, muffler or silencer for a GTI and the C63AMG?????? Well i dont believe in things like "Universal resonator or muffler" Do you??

Yes exactly, many Exhausts are manufactured in China, and hence many many copies are around.. especially from Eisenmann.. Google it and you will find the whole case about Eisenmann on court with Eisenhaus or now GT Haus which copied Eisenmann Exhausts and sold is as Meisterschaft!
                  sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
                  Dubai Investment Park 2
                  Warehouse No.1
                  P.O Box 28638

Comment

Lol, I don't know which resonator is used on which cars by Fox...That's not my scope, I've never gone beyond their catbacks, PERIOD. For the record, I've always laughed at their process of manufacturing full-on exhausts, i.e. headers down. That is science, and no ex-Sharjah Industrial grease monkey would ever crack that. But as for catbacks and noise, then I believe they do alright.

Comment

Lol, I don't know which resonator is used on which cars by Fox...That's not my scope, I've never gone beyond their catbacks, PERIOD. For the record, I've always laughed at their process of manufacturing full-on exhausts, i.e. headers down. That is science, and no ex-Sharjah Industrial grease monkey would ever crack that. But as for catbacks and noise, then I believe they do alright.
                      Please dont use capital.. or are you SHOUTING? LOL

Ok, no jokes.. dude, its everybodies own opinion.. In my opinion and what i ve heard FOX is S****. Period.

But i am more than happy for people who are statisfied...
                      sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
                      Dubai Investment Park 2
                      Warehouse No.1
                      P.O Box 28638

Comment

Lol, I don't know which resonator is used on which cars by Fox...That's not my scope, I've never gone beyond their catbacks, PERIOD. But as for catbacks and noise, then I believe they do alright.
                        :whathesaid: It's more like axle back, not the whole system...
                        [SIZE="1"]Current:

'09 911 Turbo | Basalt Black | 6speed Manual | SSK |mcchip-dkr Stage2 550hp | Speedtech X-flow 3.0 exhaust | Techart Tips | 997.2 F+R conversion | zunsport mesh| FVD Spacers | KW V3 coilover
                        '09 BMW M3 | Silverstone | DCT | Supersprint Race Exhaust | CF bits
                        '08 BMW Z4M Coupe [TOTAL'ED] | White | Volk Racing 18" TE37'SL alloys | H&R Sport springs | Fox Exhaust | APR CF front splitter | Tekarbon rear lip | ZHP Shifter

Comment

Originally posted by R i F o View Post
                          okay ... here is a video that shows how my car sounds ....

[youtube]-OoaUspXXd8[/youtube]

Don't mind Moe-335 at the last 2 seconds :rofl:

Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OoaUspXXd8&eurl=
                          wow bro you r car is loud we could still hear it even when you got a bit far. amazing dont you get problem with the police? as i know they are a bit strict with those stuff in here.
                          take care of your ride and it will take care of you.

Comment

Working...
                          X