Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E92 08 DRL Low voltage driver side

Hello guys!

Ran into a problem yesterday with my AE, I would be so thankful if any of you had some good tips. i ordered some aftermarket white halo lights, the ones i had before stopped working and didn't bother to change them for around 3 months. the light on the passenger side is working but the one on the driver side is not getting enough voltage, i didn't write down the voltage but the passenger side is about 4.61v and the driver side is around 1.3v.

Also the wires are mostly stripped of plastic coating.

Here is what i tried:
    - Checked the fuse box;
    - Checked the LED's and they work;
    - Checked the plug and wires to see if that is faulty but both get the same amount of voltage;
    - Did a battery reset.

What i need to try next:
    - Insulate the exposed wires properly to avoid arching
    - I've read somewhere online some relays might be the problem and should exchange them in between
    - Get in touch with someone that is a good coder/programer to check if the Light computer module?(not sure how its called) is the culprit and if it needs to be replaced or restarted.

Hello,
    usually the wire insulator always melts and thus shorting out, triggering the short circuit,even though you have insulated the wires that are visible
    the wires that you cant see further in can be also shorted .
    once you insulate the wires then you have to run the diagnostic light test and then clear the dead short fault error ,after doing this the lights should
    start to work if theirs no short .
    hope this helps

Comment

Hello

Originally posted by shak View Post
      Hello,
      usually the wire insulator always melts and thus shorting out, triggering the short circuit,even though you have insulated the wires that are visible
      the wires that you cant see further in can be also shorted .
      once you insulate the wires then you have to run the diagnostic light test and then clear the dead short fault error ,after doing this the lights should
      start to work if theirs no short .
      hope this helps
      Hi Shak, Thanks for the tip.
      I went and insulated the wires that lead up to the main wiring loom from there onwards they look fine.
      Still it didn't solve the issue, before i go to some independent garage to check the codes. Do you know of anyone here in the club that would be able to Code the car ?

Comment

Originally posted by John_Constantin View Post
        Hi Shak, Thanks for the tip.
        I went and insulated the wires that lead up to the main wiring loom from there onwards they look fine.
        Still it didn't solve the issue, before i go to some independent garage to check the codes. Do you know of anyone here in the club that would be able to Code the car ?
        Come and see me at Octane car service and I can assist you with the coding.
        Thanks
        Shak

Comment

Working...
        X