Which is it?????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is it?????????

I would like to change my fog lights, but i'm not sure which bulb kind is it! Any idea??? I want to change it to match either my stock xenon lights or my after market angel eyes (MyCarr ML-030). I'm not even sure what my angel eye's light color degree (ie 4500K, 6000K, etc)

Any assistance would be appreciate it! :)
    sigpic
    Audi R8 - White / Blk
    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Your car's angel eyes light colour is around 6000K. I would suggest you to get HID fog light bulbs with the motor, if you only change the bulb you wont ever get the 6000K in the fog lights, it'll still be yellow.
    Take a look, here's how your car will look like

Comment

Take a look at this page: http://www.ddmtuning.com/hidkihidbuhi.html

Check Apexcone 35W/55W Full Size Ballast Kitpad

If you want to get the HID kit for your fog lights, then get the 35W, NEVER get the 55W because it might burn all your wiring. 55W is too hot for the wires to bare the heat.
      Since you're getting the HID fog light kit, you will also have to get the warning light eliminator to cancel the fault codes, or else your car's computer will keep bugging you "Check your Fog Light".

Comment

I dont want to get Xenon lights for my fogs! just wanted to replace the bulb :(
        sigpic
        Audi R8 - White / Blk
        Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Dude, so sorry I thought you said you want to change the fog light, you should've said bulbs :D
          Anyways, your fog lights are 9006

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
            Dude, so sorry I thought you said you want to change the fog light, you should've said bulbs :D
            Anyways, your fog lights are 9006
            lol my bad!

So those 9006, do they come in different colors like 6000K etc???
            sigpic
            Audi R8 - White / Blk
            Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

BTW if you just change the bulbs you cannot match it with your stock xenon lights.
              Moreover, your stock low beam xenon bulbs are 4300K, recently you installed the angel eyes which is around 6000K, installing yellow fog lights wont match your car :nono:
              Yellow fog lights go well only if your angel eyes are yellow :read:
              Last edited by SSense; 26-09-2008, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LSB_M3 View Post
                lol my bad!

So those 9006, do they come in different colors like 6000K etc???
                Aftermarket ones come in many colours, you can get them for 20 Dhs and written on top of it XENON. But without the motor you can never get the original xenon colour, it will still look like yellow from far.
                To get the Xenon look, you'll have to install the motor to achieve pure Kelvins of the bulb, you can get pure 6000K if you only install the motor.

Comment

Wont these look whiter, i know it wont completely match up my stock xenons. but my idea is to have the light bulbs bright white, somewhat closer to either the angel eyes or low beam xenon lights. Yellow bulbs are not doing it for me!

Check this ebay link, what do you think (Ssense, it says 55 W, is that what u told me not to get, lol)
                  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts...=p4506.c0.m245
                  sigpic
                  Audi R8 - White / Blk
                  Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Checked the website. Thats 55W bro, which is too hot for the wiring. You should get 35W, this is to avoid the risk.
                    + if you only get the 6000k bulbs, it wont look pure white, slight yellowish. This bulb tht you're seeing on ebay has just the blue coating on top to give it white colour. Original xenon bulbs come in transparent without any coating.
                    Why dont you find some 35W 6000K HID fog light kit ? It will never look blue, it will only look pure white. Blue is when you go beyond 8000K.

Comment

Look at this, its installed with the 35W HID fog light kit (6000K), pure white matching the angel eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                        Checked the website. Thats 55W bro, which is too hot for the wiring. You should get 35W, this is to avoid the risk.
                        + if you only get the 6000k bulbs, it wont look pure white, slight yellowish. This bulb tht you're seeing on ebay has just the blue coating on top to give it white colour. Original xenon bulbs come in transparent without any coating.
                        Why dont you find some 35W 6000K HID fog light kit ? It will never look blue, it will only look pure white. Blue is when you go beyond 8000K.

What I hate about kits is the ballast! where to place it, will the double sided tape really hold it, or will it fall after few bumps! then there is the ballast going bad, etc!

Thats why i wanted to get a simple bulb!
                        sigpic
                        Audi R8 - White / Blk
                        Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Hey cmon, you dont need to worry about the ballasts :nono:
                          You can stick it somewhere with the 3M tape or there is this plastic wire that electricians use, you can tie it to it. Ive installed ballasts with HID kit for my high beam light, it simply never moves.
                          Plus the ballasts for 35W are smaller than for the 55W, look at this

Comment

I will look into it....i was hoping to replace a bulb and thats it! hehe!
                            sigpic
                            Audi R8 - White / Blk
                            Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Originally posted by LSB_M3 View Post
                              I will look into it....i was hoping to replace a bulb and thats it! hehe!
                              The choice is entirely yours :)
                              To achieve the best, you got to get the best
                              I gotta go now, but lemme know if you need anything else :hi:

Comment

Working...
                              X