Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F12 Adaptive Headlight Malfunction !! Please Help ! Urgent

Hi Guys

This is my first post on this forum. I really hope you'll can help me. I have a 2011 640i

Recently replaced Left Side Headlight and since I've fixed it, its showing 'ADAPTIVE HEADLIGHT MALFUNCTION'

I've been to atleast 5 Shops in Dubai And Sharjah and all of them have tried to calibrate the headlights using ICOM.

The fault that's showing up -- Lear TMS Malfunction using ICOM

I tried to replace the TMS module with a used one and still it's the same.

One of the used car parts Shop in Sharjah fixed a new headlight for me - Still the message didn't go. He asked me to make sure all the connections in the head light are fine rather than buying a new module and not being able to return it.

Now what every shop is saying -- Need to buy a 'NEW' TMS Module (Not used)

But there is no guarantee that the message won't show.

The new module is for approx AED 1500. But no one is assuring me that the message will go and there are no returns on the module.

From what I've read on other forums, there is a high possibility that the steering motor/ stepper motor might have been shifted. When I've tried to explain this to the shops none of them are ready to investigate into it.

Has anyone experienced a similar situation. Any advice would be much appreciated. I've been running to get this fixed for almost 15 days now and spent approx AED 2000.

Also does any one of you know BMW garage that uses - BMW Inpa Ediabas / BMW NCS Expert.

- - - - - - - - - -

One of the shops tried using Auto Logic still didn't help much. They could not erase the code.

The person who mentioned these words to you " ICOM - AUTOLOGIC - INPA etc etc " with all the respect but they should never come close to BMW cars .

give your car to a proper BMW workshop and they will fix it for you , its very strange that F12 having such issue unless it's been into an accident or headlights were replaced incorrectly .

check our sponsors sections and see if anyone can really help you , and make sure you read the sponsors review section to be on the safe side .

good luck and keep us updated
    Last edited by Ehssan; 17-04-2014, 02:09 PM. Reason: corrections

Comment

You don't have a warranty?
      sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I got the issue fixed. Found a person to replace the stepper motor and works fine now.

I went to AGMC and they asked me to leave the car with them and could take more than a week to fix the issue (most likely he said would have to replace the headlight which would cost me approx AED 7000-8000). I do not have warranty on the car. I got - 0 kms from the states.

@EHSAAN "The person who mentioned these words to you " ICOM - AUTOLOGIC - INPA etc etc " with all the respect but they should never come close to BMW cars ."

Out of curiosity -- Could you explain why ? Which software are they supposed to use then ? (I believe every workshop in dubai relies on ICOM).

[MENTION=3522]HAS[/MENTION]an - BMW AGMC says apparently there is no International warranty for BMW's.

Comment

you should get a 2 year warranty

Comment

Working...
          X