Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did BMW get rid of Active Sound in the 2017 models?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did BMW get rid of Active Sound in the 2017 models?

So I just got my 2017 M4 F83 a few weeks ago and I just realized that I never hear the exhaust note in the cabin through ASD. I didn't realize that until I stumbled upon this thread: Active Sound gone after latest software update?

Did BMW remove Active Sound in the new models or what?
    [MENTION=31]Wazif[/MENTION], bro, you have a 2017 M3 right? do you hear active sound?

Never put my ear to the speakers to check honestly. Happy with the way it sounds inside the cabin so didnt bother :)

I'll check and let you know later this week.
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
      Never put my ear to the speakers to check honestly. Happy with the way it sounds inside the cabin so didnt bother :)

I'll check and let you know later this week.
      I'm thinking of getting the M Performance Exhaust. Price = 34000 dhs when you factor in the 4 carbon tail pipes and labor charges.

They are offering me a 25% discount but even with the discount, it's like 50% more than what it costs in the USA. I'm not feeling the price and I don't wanna get any external exhaust system to keep the warranyt intact.

I spoke to a contact of mine today and he will see if he can do something about the price.

I wish they had Akrapovic Exhausts but it is only offered from Abu Dhabi Motors and they said they won't support it under warranty, thus the M Performance exhaust is the only option.

Comment

Working...
      X