Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have put 18" wheels and 255/35 tires non-staggered. Loss of power and acceleration ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have put 18" wheels and 255/35 tires non-staggered. Loss of power and acceleration ?

Guys,

As the title says i have put some replica/chinese wheels and i can feel how heavy is my car now to accelerate and loss of hp. Sh**t i am not loving this [Regret] :@

Should have bought light wheels like BBS instead.

Anyways this is a warning for all who are looking to upgrade your stock amazing(in performance) BM OEM wheels to cheap chinese crap.

May be i might try to go for staggered setup again and reducing the tire size's if that can make any difference in terms of HP.

Any suggestions are welcome. (Y)

Any idea how much they weigh and the difference compared to stock wheel weight?
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
      Any idea how much they weigh and the difference compared to stock wheel weight?
      No bro. I never got a chance to weigh them practically. But i can feel it on my hands compared to my previous 17 rims which was much lighter. Also FYI, these are cheap rims available in SHJ in different names such as FR, KH, Musbah blah blah as its originally from China for sure. After putting the 18"s, i had a severe vibration around 60~70 km/h which was solved up to an extent by hub-centric rings. Still i feel a little vibration around that speed which i think could be because of used tires which i found the tread surface is not flat as i expected. So all in all i am quite disappointed on how the car handles on poth-holes and small bumps on the road and the performance as well. :(

Comment

Yes. Its a bad bad idea to put heavier wheels on the car.

If you can go back to the OEM wheels.
        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Your car is exactly same model as my car mate... just put back OEM

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
            Yes. Its a bad bad idea to put heavier wheels on the car.

If you can go back to the OEM wheels.
            Originally posted by OWNZ
            Your car is exactly same model as my car mate... just put back OEM
            Yeah. Now i realized that in real-time.
            I think i will look in to lighter wheels in future but i cant compromise the 18's look on our cars. Trust me.

Comment

Working...
            X