335i's 0-60 is so close to an M3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

335i's 0-60 is so close to an M3?

I don't get it, the M3 has a 114 BHP more but in this video the reviewer says the 335i can do 0-60 in 4.7 seconds and as I know the coupe M3 E92 does it in 4.6 seconds....

am I missing something here? Then what's the point of an M3 if a much cheaper car with lower BHP can almost reach its 0-60 times?

Hi Phoenix,

Driving a BMW is not about how fast you can go from 0-60. It is about how the car feels when you drive it and how it makes you feel as a driver.

A ///M vehicle is known for its sporty characteristics on how well it can perform on a track (not a drag strip). It is known for its handling characteristics, its turn in capabilities and the limits it can be driven on.

If you are purely looking for a 0-60 time, then yes, a tuned 335i will/can be faster than an M3 in a straight line. If that is what truly matters to you then yes, you are better off with a 335i which can be heavily tuned.

But if you are looking for a thorough bred sports car with Motorsport genes and characteristics, then the ///M should be your choice.

All the best....
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Just imagine what it can do to an m3 with just a tune

Comment

To add to what Wazif and Bruno have said already, the 335i makes peak torque at 1200rpm and then it remains constant up to 5000rpm. Even though the 335 is short of about a 100hp, it has the same torque as the M3. So 0-60 the 335 will always be very close to the M3 or maybe even better. But 60 to 200, the M3 will just walk away, because there the HP advantage will come into play.

And as rightly said, this only applies to drag. On the circuit, the 335i will not be able to keep up with the M3.
        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
          To add to what Wazif and Bruno have said already, the 335i makes peak torque at 1200rpm and then it remains constant up to 5000rpm. Even though the 335 is short of about a 100hp, it has the same torque as the M3. So 0-60 the 335 will always be very close to the M3 or maybe even better. But 60 to 200, the M3 will just walk away, because there the HP advantage will come into play.

And as rightly said, this only applies to drag. On the circuit, the 335i will not be able to keep up with the M3.
          Right, thanks guys, now I understand the difference better. So the 335i is no slouch but my dream since I was in my early 20s was to have an M car and finally soon it will become a reality :)

Can't wait till I get my M3 E92 2011 Coupe next month. I didn't even want to test drive it as I want the first time I sit in the car and drive it to be a big surprise :)

Out of all the cars I've owned in the past, the only car that made my heart race was my 2003 Lumina SS V8 with a Holden Monaro body kit which I had in 2005, the first time I hit the pedal to the metal, my heart dropped as if I was in a roller coaster. I hope the M3 with its 420 BHP will give me that same fun feeling again.

Comment

awesome! the e92 M3 wont disappoint :)
            Current
            E92 M3 - Mineral White
            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
            E36 318is
            E39 540i ///M sport
            VW CC
            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
              awesome! the e92 M3 wont disappoint :)
              That! And if you didnt like the M3 ill trade you with my 335i anytime :lol:
              sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
              E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
              E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
              E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Love the latest gen Monaro.. holds a special place in my heart :D that and the HSV Maloo.. *sigh*..
                Bimmerian. Carma FF race exhaust. BMW DMK 6 Ultra Short Shift kit. CDV X. BMW Performance CSL 19" Rims. Apex. Stop-Tech. RPI. APR Aero. CSL intake. Epic Alpha-N. KW Clubsports. GC race sways. Tillett. Sabelt. 288/280. SuperSprint s1 - cats. Custom roll bar, rear STB, ME stb, Brembo 6x4 :w00t:

Comment

Originally posted by Vanne View Post
                  Love the latest gen Monaro.. holds a special place in my heart :D that and the HSV Maloo.. *sigh*..
                  Here is my old beast which got totalled in 2015 racing a BMW 330Ci on the Al Fardan Bridge. RIP:

Accident, totally plucked off the big lamp post, went into 1 month coma, car caught fire after flipping 4 times in the air:

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                    Here is my old beast which got totalled in 2015 racing a BMW 330Ci on the Al Fardan Bridge. RIP:

Accident, totally plucked off the big lamp post, went into 1 month coma, car caught fire after flipping 4 times in the air:

Sorry to hear that bro...hope you have completely recovered. you are lucky to still be alive considering the severity of the accident.

Please be safe on the roads and keep all racing to the track....and that's a message to all drivers!

Take care and be safe...no amount of thrill is worth your life.
                    Current
                    E92 M3 - Mineral White
                    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                    E36 318is
                    E39 540i ///M sport
                    VW CC
                    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Working...
                    X