Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent 335i Advise Needed !!!

Hey Guys

Newbie here and am looking to purchase my first 3 series (coming from a Golf GTI). Debating between the following two options -

a. 2013 BMW 335i from Abu Dhabi Motors

This is a fully loaded New Old Stock Demo car (approx 50km on the clock so practically new) Luxury Line model with the AC Schintzer body kit installed (front bumper and chromed out dual exhaust so not really ground breaking I think) by Abu Dhabi motors who is also a franchisee for AC Schintzer. They have quoted a price of approx AED 195k. The car comes with the standard 2 year warranty from the date of sale and 6 year repair and maintenance package from BMW.

The car has 19 inch sport wheels, the Harman Kardon system, Adaptive M running gear (which i assume is the adaptive suspension?) and Bluetooth connectivity. These options are NOT there in the 2015 model from AGMC below.

b. 2015 BMW 335i from AGMC

Stock BMW Sport Line with red leather sport seats (which i love) but NO Harman Kardon system, Adaptive M Suspension and Bluetooth connectivity. Price is fixed at AED 225K with the standard 2 year warranty and 5 year repair (ADM gives an extra year) and maintenance package.

I am planning on keeping the car of approx 3 years and would appreciate your thoughts on what would be a better option ? The 2013 is better equipped but not sure if the Adaptive M running gear , HK sound system are deal breakers ?

How is the standard suspension on the 335i without the Adaptive Running Gear ?

Also, how comfortable are the Luxury line seats? I found the sport seats to be very comfy but couldn't tell about the luxury line one.

Does BMW Dakota leather hold pretty well and not require heavy maintanance ? Appreciate thoughts from people that have owned their cars over the years.

Thanks

The ADM option sounds nice....you got a lot more for a lot less....after 3 years the difference in the re-sale of the car wont be much either
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

a hard choice there.. the dakota leather is hard to maintain specially if you have kids.

My choice would be if they give you a good deal on the 2013 car then take it. but for me both seem similar

Comment

AFAIK the 2015 models come with LED and a new version of software for Satnav, ICE and touchpad, so that means better resale value. Buying in 2015 a 2013(which is most likely 2012 manufactured) car for almost a similar price is not quite a good deal i'd say.

A friend bought a 2013(2012 manufactured) 535i Luxury with M-pack and Performance elements which were installed by ADM, but the car came original from Germany as a Luxury model, so no M suspension, no HK, no LED, no new SW(which can't be retrofitted unless you change HW as well), for 260k, which personally i think it's pretty steep for an already 2 years old car, depreciation will be high on the first 2 years. ADM said they had it initially priced at 320k AED :O, no wonder they had it in stock for 2 years and they had a quite a few of them.

I'd rather buy a 2012 550i for less money and no M bumpers, 'cause that is what they install and not a real complete M-package, and pay less but get the proper engine with most likely more features than a 535.

Agree, HK is a must in my opinion, standard sound system kind of sucks, but you can live without it.

I'd also push for a 5 year warranty on the 2015 model and Ultimate Repair Package, not the standard one, so you'll have everything covered apart from tires.
        Last edited by mik15; 23-12-2014, 02:49 PM.
        '09 RS6 V10 BiTurbo - current
        '08 BMW 540i Mpack - sold
        '04 Audi RS6 - sold
        '01 Audi A8 D2 4.2 - sold
        '06 BMW 750Li - sold
        '05 BMW X5 4.8is Blue Le Mans - sold
        '12 Golf GTi DSG Superchips stage 1 - sold
        '11 Passat 1.8T DSG - sold
        '01 540i M-pack - sold
        '08 Cayenne Turbo - sold
        '09 Porsche Cayenne - sold
        '04 Audi RS6 ABT - sold