Model Comparison: 4er G22 vs 3er G20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Model Comparison: 4er G22 vs 3er G20

While the G22 (4 series) get the highly controversial and debated XL kidney grills, the G20 (3 series) maintains the traditional (yet slightly larger) kidney grill. Lets assume you are in the market for to buy a M440i, would you:-

a) Close your eyes, ignore the large grill design and buy the M440i for the coupe/sporty features
    b) Switch to the M340i (because you cant stand the front end of the 4series)

a) Close your eyes, ignore the large grill design and buy the M440i for the coupe/sporty features
    50.00%
    b) Switch to the M340i (because you cant stand the front end of the 4series)
    50.00%
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

I’d pick the M440i over the M340i because the new 4 series is the best and closest imitation of the 8 series (mini 8 series, if you will). Despite the controversial, radical design as some claimed, and mixed reactions after the launch, ah well, I could get over the grilles. Plus, I always fancy frameless doors.

Hence my vote goes to the M440i.

Comment

M340i for me. I will buy a coupe only if I have another 4 door car. Also the side profile of m440i has not grown on me yet.

Comment

How about the M440i gran coupe that's expected? I went with F36 for the same reason - you get the 4 door practicality and keep frameless windows

Comment

Originally posted by Swaroop Nayak View Post
          How about the M440i gran coupe that's expected? I went with F36 for the same reason - you get the 4 door practicality and keep frameless windows
          Good question Swaroop Nayak i do wonder if BMW will bring out a 4 series GC (its highly likely since the current Fxx series has a GC variant). Lets wait and watch this space.
          Current
          E92 M3 - Mineral White
          F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
          E36 318is
          E39 540i ///M sport
          VW CC
          E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Looks like the poll is favouring the M340i!
            Current
            E92 M3 - Mineral White
            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
            E36 318is
            E39 540i ///M sport
            VW CC
            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Reviving an old thread, but I guess certain design features got me convinced with the M340 :)
              It is funny to see one year after my poll preference favoring the M440, I ended up switching to the M340 (from F36/ 440 GC)!

Comment

Originally posted by Swaroop Nayak View Post
                Reviving an old thread, but I guess certain design features got me convinced with the M340 :)
                It is funny to see one year after my poll preference favoring the M440, I ended up switching to the M340 (from F36/ 440 GC)!
                and a stunning M340i as well ! :) Congrats once again.
                Current
                E92 M3 - Mineral White
                F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                E36 318is
                E39 540i ///M sport
                VW CC
                E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Working...
                X