M3 E46 SIde Mirror Folding Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M3 E46 SIde Mirror Folding Issues

So I just went out of a pre purchase inspection from MMW for my newly bought m3 but for some reason the quotation had the Right and left side mirror assembly to be replaced . I don't recall anything was wrong with it before as I have tested this specifically 5 times before dropping the car in but who knows . Is there a fix for this ? DO I really have to replace the whole dam mirror ??? they are charging 2k per (I know theyre expensive )...

Tried to get a hold of Ashley there but hes on vacation as I know he would definitely help out, did anyone encounter this problem before ?

Basically whats happening is when I click the small button to fold em , Upon folding up the right mirror starts clicking ( TIK TIK TIK TIK endless.) I unfold down the Left one starts Ticking (but if I apply some pressure it stops)

Could it be a faulty Actuator
    Could the Torx Screws require Tightening???

I don't believe replacing the whole mirror is required so lets keep it for the experts
    E46, M3 06 Titan Silber Grey- Current
    • Brushed Aluminum Pedal shifters , 55C BMW Motorsport Thermostat
    E46 M3 05 Alpine White - SOLD

i think its because the mirror is misaligned with the motor. i had this issue when i got the car back after foiling.

i let the clicking carry on for one whole cycle (folding up and folding down) till the clicking stopped on its own. The next cycle onwards, the mirrors started functioning normally. that worked for me.
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
      i think its because the mirror is misaligned with the motor. i had this issue when i got the car back after foiling.

i let the clicking carry on for one whole cycle (folding up and folding down) till the clicking stopped on its own. The next cycle onwards, the mirrors started functioning normally. that worked for me.
      Problem Solved had to twist the mirros to -90 degrees and put them back in place ended up working like a charm

Comment

Thanks Ghaith....got to try that...mine still acts funny at times
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Hi Wazif ,

Sadly after a while , the left mirror started Ticking Again , Might I suggest if anyone had this issue with there cars don't bother just buy a new assembly , Teeth are sold over EBAY but what a dam headache to operate on!!

Comment

Hi Ghaith,

Yes! the same thing happened to me too.... i've just decided to live with it :(
            Current
            E92 M3 - Mineral White
            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
            E36 318is
            E39 540i ///M sport
            VW CC
            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Working...
            X