Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E39 M5 - Cats blocked

Hi Guys,

just a quick note, think my cats are blocked, getting some great sounds, NOT, out of her at the moment and having just replaced the Vanos the power still seems down.

quick question, any around for sale? Or if i De-cat it, how much louder will the exhaust be, cabin noise severely up? Never drive in Sharjah loud? How would i cope with the sensors if i were to do the straight pipe from header to middle box?

Thanks

Mark
    sigpic

2014 - M6 Gran Coupe

If the rest of your exhaust is stock then it won't be too much louder... You can always cut them out and put in High Flow cats to compensate and they will also flow better. You shouldn't really have to worry about the sensors but you could either run simulators for the rear O2's or simply have them disabled in your tune!

Comment

Originally posted by INFAMOUS View Post
      If the rest of your exhaust is stock then it won't be too much louder... You can always cut them out and put in High Flow cats to compensate and they will also flow better. You shouldn't really have to worry about the sensors but you could either run simulators for the rear O2's or simply have them disabled in your tune!
      Hi Chris, the mufflers are ACS, but not excessively loud, new high flow cats just work out too expensive i think, hence the quick straight pipe fix, is it the O2 sensors on the back that are required anyway? I think my tune has already had the pre-loaded...i need to check with Franz, if i remember rightly he did do a de-cat already....could be the problem causer right there :) .....thanks for the info buddy....

Mark.
      sigpic

2014 - M6 Gran Coupe

Comment

Rear O2's are not needed and usually get turned off in most tunes. If that's the case then just straight pipe... To give you an idea my car is straight piped with the Hamann mufflers. But I do also have headers. My car is passable in terms of noise but I still don't drive through Sharjah.

Comment

Working...
        X