Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replace engine for E30 M10

Hi

despite i was never planning to do this looks like my 86 E30 needs another engine. I understand that in GCC no one rebuilds one as usually is done in Europe so i have to go for a replacement.
    I contacted Akram in Falcon's Garage and he's trying to find a SH one but looks very less chances...

Is possible to get any other ideas/Places/where i can do this job and finding an engine. Replacing is simple i understand.
    My engine is 4 cylinder one.

Thx in advance

Silviu

Sharjah is your best bet
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

any specific place or workshop?

Comment

Falcon should be able to sort you out.

If not, contact Octane. They are in Dubai, but they have can help you.
        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

An M10 is about the most simple engine you can get DAS have rebuilt an S38, and Tibor at autohause is an ex master BMW tech from when the M10 was in production. so i am sure an M10 is doable. The downside will be that a M10 will cost far more to rebuild and you can get a used engine for. In the uk you could get an engine for 1500AEd.

Whats wrong with the engine m10's are pretty robust.

Comment

Originally posted by e21jason View Post
            An M10 is about the most simple engine you can get DAS have rebuilt an S38, and Tibor at autohause is an ex master BMW tech from when the M10 was in production. so i am sure an M10 is doable. The downside will be that a M10 will cost far more to rebuild and you can get a used engine for. In the uk you could get an engine for 1500AEd.

Whats wrong with the engine m10's are pretty robust.
            Hi

thx for advice. i know in europe is cheap to get an engine but in here i could not find one at all!
            i went to falcon garage and they fix the issue, in fact they make the engine running. Still does not have enough power but remember is a 30 years old one...
            in fact as per then the issue was with volume air flow sensor. they repair it, engine starts properly but now i have a bigger issue: the CO and HC readings are 10 time bigger than RTA accepts and i have a strong feeling that i will not be able to pass it on renewal.... i found in sharjah this part and i am going to give a try. Else i will be forced to say good by to my love.

Comment

The first thing before changing the engine is to make sure that that is the issue, readings 10 greater but the engine runs does not sound right. First thing to check are the plugs, air filter. then the MAF, air temp and water temp sensors. then do a dry an wet compression test on the engine to see if the valve guides or piston rings are worn. Also if you have not you should do a oil flush and change. Also they should check they should check the injectors are good and are not stuck open.

With the m10 you need a real mechanic not some one who plugs a computer in and does what it tells them.

Comment

Greetings Silviu.
                Did you sort out your problem with the engine?
                I have an e30 here in Dubai that's due to be dismantled. It is 325i m20b25 engine, I could swap that 6 cylinder engine in place of your 4 banger.
                Let me know your thoughts on that ;)

Comment

Working...
                X