Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake Pump/broken charge pipe F30 335i

Hey guys,
    I just dropped off my 335i to AGMC now. When i was driving the car on wednesday night on emirates road, suddenly something popped and the car started vibrating and the gear shifts started jerking a lot. Apparently the intake pump had come off its hinges and cracked. My service advisor told me he'll let me know what all is wrong tomorrow and he said that the pump will have to be replaced. This will be covered under warranty right? And any ideas on how this happened? I can't seem to find anyone else who has had this issue.

Thanks!

image1.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpg

Thats a photo of the pump, and also the print out from agmc when they read my key, the faults did shock me but i hope thats just because the check engine light was on and that nothing else is wrong

Comment

Hey Sid, looks like your car had gone into the safe/limp mode to further protect its drivetrain.... The pump should be fixed under warranty....

can you provide more details on the intake pump? what is the primary function?
      Current
      E92 M3 - Mineral White
      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
      E36 318is
      E39 540i ///M sport
      VW CC
      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
        Hey Sid, looks like your car had gone into the safe/limp mode to further protect its drivetrain.... The pump should be fixed under warranty....

can you provide more details on the intake pump? what is the primary function?
        I'm not sure what the primary function is, but the advisor told me this kind of thing happens when you push the car too hard, like yeah we all do the occasional speeding but its never been pushed to its extremes and never been taken to the track..

Comment

Hi Siddarthb,

this is a broken charge pipe. it is the connection from your intercooler to the throttle body. its made of plastic and usually breaks. the picture below is showing the difference between the plastic stock pipe and the after market part.

untitled.png

why is the oil level too high?
          sigpic

E82 135i Current
          [Mods: Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Intercooler, BMC Drop in Filter, VRSF Charge Pipe, Dinan Oil Cooler, PP-Performance Tune, D2 Super Sport Coil Over Kit, Eibach Sway Bar, LCI Taillights, CF Trunk Spoiler, CF Front Lip]
          E93 M3 Sold
          [Mods: H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Primary Cat Delete, CF Front Splitters, CF Trunk Spoiler]
          E46 M3 Sold.
          [Mods: H&R Coilovers, K&N Intake, Tune, Borla Exhaust, CSL Front Bumper, CF Diffuser, CF Engine Cover, CF Interior Trim]

Comment

Thanks for the info fouad! Going to AGMC in a bit to see the car, apparently it's ready for collection. Oil level wasn't high, my guess is that it's something that malfunctioned as well, and I did not get any of those error messages on my iDrive system.

Comment

Hmm. Such a silly excuse to tell you these things crack when pushing the car. Thanks Fouad for the explanation.
              Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
              Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
              Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
              Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
              1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
              Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
              eMail:
              Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Picked up the car from AGMC, safe and sound. They changed the pipe and its all good now! Thank you guys for all your help! :)

Comment

awesome! glad to know car is back to top condition :)
                  Current
                  E92 M3 - Mineral White
                  F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                  E36 318is
                  E39 540i ///M sport
                  VW CC
                  E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

It looks like when the pipe blew it threw out of balance a few things causing the car to go to limp mode. hence the errors.

but not sure why there are codes related to steering? unless you had the fault before.

Comment

Working...
                    X