X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bisho Avten
    replied
    [MENTION=2863]Makaveli7[/MENTION] thank you brother

although it seems risky, but I might give it a try (I hope i dont screw it up :P)

- - - - - - - - - -
    [MENTION=2863]Makaveli7[/MENTION] thank you brother

although it seems risky, but I might give it a try (I hope i dont screw it up :P)

Leave a comment:

• Makaveli7
    replied
    Originally posted by Bisho Avten View Post
    They said its cuz of the oil leaking (from the VANOS line which i replaced twice already) that made the oil drip on the pulley and made it sound like this! which btw they sprayed WD40 on it and the sound disappeared for just one minute then it came back, the said i have to wash the engine with steam?!
    Replace ur vanos seals and Valve cover gasket yourself:

1) DIY to replace the vanos seals: Beisan Systems - Procedures - Double Vanos Procedure

2) Be careful of these things Just did Vanos Seal DIY, some tips - E46Fanatics

3) and these things Replaced my Vanos seals and VCG and learned alot - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Leave a comment:

• Bisho Avten
    replied
    They said its cuz of the oil leaking (from the VANOS line which i replaced twice already) that made the oil drip on the pulley and made it sound like this! which btw they sprayed WD40 on it and the sound disappeared for just one minute then it came back, the said i have to wash the engine with steam?!

Leave a comment:

• Bisho Avten
    replied
    Originally posted by nitrous View Post
    While at it, inspect for any secondary damage on the underside.
    Originally posted by Makaveli7 View Post
    IMO Just change all the pulleys and get yourself a calm front end. That is what I did when I had my 330. changed 1 pulley, then the other failed, then the other failed...
    Yea I guess that would be better (Y)

thank you guys

Leave a comment:

• Makaveli7
    replied
    IMO Just change all the pulleys and get yourself a calm front end. That is what I did when I had my 330. changed 1 pulley, then the other failed, then the other failed...

Leave a comment:

• nitrous
    replied
    While at it, inspect for any secondary damage on the underside.

Leave a comment:

• Bisho Avten
    replied
    Thank you guys for your reply... I appreciate it.
    will take to john tmrw and see what is it all about

Leave a comment:

• jeanloup
    replied
    Originally posted by Rifo View Post
    It's a pulley for sure but which one that you have to investigate. Piece of cake to replace, takes about an hour max.
    Correct

Leave a comment:

• RAFiK
    replied
    It's a pulley for sure but which one that you have to investigate. Piece of cake to replace, takes about an hour max.

Leave a comment:

• Bisho Avten
    replied
    oppss! I hope its not a pain in the @$! to repair it :(

Leave a comment:

• Makaveli7
    replied
    It sounds like the alternator pulley has gone bad.

Leave a comment:

• Bisho Avten
    started a topic Squeaky noise :(

Squeaky noise :(

hello,

There was this crack on the street where I hit it at a speed of 20-30 km/h, after that, I realized there was a squeaky noise that sounds just like "cockroaches" from the front right side of the car, and it matches the revs, the higher revs the more frequent the squeaky noise is! and I'm way too worried about this!! anybody have an idea what this could be until i check it tomorrow?! I can't sleep :'(

BMW E46 328Ci squeaky noise - YouTube
    Last edited by RAFiK; 04-03-2014, 09:10 AM.
Working...
X