Fuel Breather Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Breather Valve

So a few weeks ago i noticed that my cars is consuming more fuel per km and is at a higher rate than the normal figures on the cluster. i also had an issue of the car idling whenever i started the car after its cold start, sometimes after filling up in the gas stations, even when i am at a red light stop.

I did some research and found out that some people got their Fuel Breather Valve replaced. So i went out and ordered the part from Germany (which took like 2 months btw due to COVID), and costed me approx. 350AED including shipping.

Part number :13 90 7 838 281

It sits beneath the engine plenum and its does not take that much time to replace (2 hours of labour).

After replacing the part the idle issue completely stopped, the car fuel consumption has gone down to its normal range of around 12.3km/L.

I would definitely recommend any e92 m3 owner to check that out and get it change if any of the above symptoms may arise, as i know that the car idling is a very common issue in the E9X m3's and there are many reasons from as simple as a Fuel Breather Valve to as serious as changing out your throttle actuators.

Some pictures of the part (unfortunately i do not have pictures of the part in the engine, but you could find tons of videos on YT for this):

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg

Nice one Ahmed! I’m sure this is going to come in handy for a lot of E9X M3 owners out there who face similar issues.

I will be looking into getting mine replaced soon as well.

Comment

Originally posted by aelhamy View Post
      So a few weeks ago i noticed that my cars is consuming more fuel per km and is at a higher rate than the normal figures on the cluster. i also had an issue of the car idling whenever i started the car after its cold start, sometimes after filling up in the gas stations, even when i am at a red light stop.

I did some research and found out that some people got their Fuel Breather Valve replaced. So i went out and ordered the part from Germany (which took like 2 months btw due to COVID), and costed me approx. 350AED including shipping.

Part number :13 90 7 838 281

It sits beneath the engine plenum and its does not take that much time to replace (2 hours of labour).

After replacing the part the idle issue completely stopped, the car fuel consumption has gone down to its normal range of around 12.3km/L.

I would definitely recommend any e92 m3 owner to check that out and get it change if any of the above symptoms may arise, as i know that the car idling is a very common issue in the E9X m3's and there are many reasons from as simple as a Fuel Breather Valve to as serious as changing out your throttle actuators.

Some pictures of the part (unfortunately i do not have pictures of the part in the engine, but you could find tons of videos on YT for this):

1.jpg
      2.jpg
      3.jpg
      4.jpg
      Thanks for this Ahmed.

may I ask what your consumption rate was prior to the change?
      Current
      E92 M3 - Mineral White
      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
      E36 318is
      E39 540i ///M sport
      VW CC
      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

it jumped to 15.6 then to 16.2 km/L

Comment

This is an excellent thread. Thank you for posting.
          My M3 consumption is high, but i think this is due to short trips and less driving (10k in 1.5years) and i dont feel any uneven idle yet. I also bought the breather and pipe and kept it away anticipating this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by aelhamy View Post
            it jumped to 15.6 then to 16.2 km/L
            i think this is L/100km ... 15.6 km/L is damn good for the V8 :D i think i get about 6 or 7 :P

Currently my L/100km is at 14.4 :|
            Current
            E92 M3 - Mineral White
            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
            E36 318is
            E39 540i ///M sport
            VW CC
            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post

i think this is L/100km ... 15.6 km/L is damn good for the V8 :D i think i get about 6 or 7 :P

Currently my L/100km is at 14.4 :|
              LOL, my bad i meant L/100km. thanks for the correction Wazif

Comment

Working...
              X