Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSC,4x4,Reduced Engine power,cruise control failure

Dear All,

Here is my History.I took care of the car always replaced with genuine parts.Last time i did some work at munich motor work replaced all the suspension front,back and replaced the generator(second Hand).took my car home after a week While driving i got three messages Cruise control failure then 4x4 and Dsc failure Engine power reduced car went in limp mode as of sudden then i pulled over shutdown restarted my car started everything fine on very next day same message after opening the bonnet i saw my Air intake pipe was not connected properly with Throttle i fixed it my self drove few miles same error again.Took to Munich motor works again yesterday they diagnosed ATC accurator motor failure replaced yesterday went home fine and gave gas on still vehicle to 4000 rpm and after bump same message again.

BMW X5 E70

any one gone through same thing before if yes please help me out as my car is in a perfect condition until these errors any good mechanice who really know about BMW x5
    Help willl be appreciated

Originally posted by aism.abbas View Post
    ...and replaced the generator(second Hand)...
    :?:?:? Do you mean alternator?

I've heard many X5s having problems with their suspensions and electronic system. Have you tried visiting other places?
    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
    eMail:
    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Yes i mean alternator yes the car was there before with ZNZ garage they were unable to detect the problem in it.

Comment

What sorts of parts have you replaced in details? what was the issue with the car previously? Any previous errors? Mileage?

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
        Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
        eMail:
        Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Originally posted by aism.abbas
          Ok guys Thank God my Car is fixed drove 4 hours no problem till of now.
          The car was fixed by the guy Ashley Munich Motor work the problem was faulty regulator cable...
          After 2 weeks of struggle My car got fixed Check regulator on the Car next time some one faces this issue.
          Hi. Hope your X5 is fixed :thumbsup2:

I would sincerely recommend to avoid any business with MMW.
          My personal experience with those guys has been very disappointing.
          Have seen many critical reports about MMW on the net too.

Bought my x5 which came with MMW service contract unfortunately.
          In less than 6 months AC gave up. It took 3 months and 4 attempts for MMW to finally fix the thing (incl. >12k out of my pocket).
          It appears car had an accident in the past, which Mr. Ashley (owner of MMW) ''kindly forgot'' to disclose when I asked him about car's history before purchase.

Now car has developed probs with crank pulley and engine belt (was replaced at MMW 6 month ago), which has caused multiple secondary faults showing up on the cars computer.
          BMW dealers in Abu Dhabi refuse to do even diagnostics because car's identity had been erased from BMW UAE database :?
          Do not want to try with MMW again, looking for reliable mechanics to fix the car in Abu Dhabi now.
          Big headache….:\

Any references in Abu Dhabi will be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by DOX View Post
            Hi. Hope your X5 is fixed :thumbsup2:
            BMW dealers in Abu Dhabi refuse to do even diagnostics because car's identity had been erased from BMW UAE database :?
            :? Why :\

Need Assistance?
            eMail:
            Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

To be honest - no idea. Should have asked Mr. Ashley at MMW who mast have repaired the car before granting the MMW 12 month warranty.
              The history of the car is still available, BMW Abu Dhabi could confirm that the first owner bought this X5 in Dubai BMW dealership in 2010.
              The first service was done in Al Ain BMW workshop in 2011.
              Than the chassis number disappears from UAE dealership register.
              Car must have had an accident (written-off?) and got repaired outside the official dealership.
              Consequently it can not be serviced/repaired in original BMW workshops.
              I am not aware about this kind of restrictions in Europe - there the BMW remains a BMW and can be repaired in any BMW dealership in any country.
              Comments are welcomed!

Comment

Well I have took a very good care of the Car anyhow try ZNZ garage nice guys know their work but some times its just opposite to MMW garage.

Comment

Really curious to know hat MMW actually do with the car! they should have caught the fault way earlier rather making you go through all this hassle (and money, im sure!)

I hope your X5 runs well for the next thousands of kms!
                  Current
                  E92 M3 - Mineral White
                  F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                  E36 318is
                  E39 540i ///M sport
                  VW CC
                  E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Well the car was with ZNZ garage for two weeks and then with MMW they change ATC accurator first and then said its voltage problem well I am not sure about ATC but they found the problem in two days.To be honest one finds problem others not I wont say they are bad but not good even however customer service in UAE sucks any how My problem was fixed by MMW. I am maintaining car with them they never let me down maybe expensive but till to date i have peace of mind>last thing i will not suggest them because of price you can find cheaper option.
                    I used to get spare parts from Sharjah Al Nabaa Auto 40 percent cheaper and do the work at munich you can save a lot in that case.

Comment

Working...
                    X