Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M3 E46 gearbox pump

Hi,

Just this morning on my way to work on SZR i was doing about 120 and for no reason the car automaticly switched to neutral. Once it came to a stand still i had a very huge difficulty getting it into 1st gear. After about 2minutes of trying finally i got gear and reached a service agency across my employment. After a few hours i returned to the agency to get a status on the repair. The owner told me it is the gearbox oil pump and it needs to be replaced. Any suggestions where i can go or where to get the parts and what the general cost might be for a situation like this? i am in serious need to get my car fixed because i use it on a daily basis.

Your kind feedback is highly appreciated

Sincere thanks

D

I guess DAS workshop knows the best about BMW parts in Dubai
    050-6527722
    • E46 Coupé‎ "Ra2oosh" - Current
    • E36 Convertible "Emily" - Sold
    • E34 Sedan - Engine Blown

Comment

shifting into Neutral sounds like it could be the SMG pump as well... the weakness of any e46 M3. Like Bisho suggested, give Ayham a call and he will sort you out!
      sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

hi guys, munich motors confirmed it is the pump, bmw quote me 14500 AED which is crazy expensive. I found the part in bmw road in sharjah from a company that gave me very good discount. my doubt was that the part will not be original. according to them they order from abu dhabi bmw which they buy in bulk and offer better prices. i got it for 8150AED and munich is almost complete with everything. according to them they need to re-program everything after bleeding the gearbox oil which they did. they charged me about 1000 AED labor costs which wasnt to bad. would das offered all of this for less?

Comment

not sure if for less but I can guarantee you the quality and after service would've been the best... end of the day, u get what you pay for :)
          sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

ask them...

the are no chinese pumps in the market.. its either new or used. just call central and see what price they give you.

Comment

Originally posted by danster27 View Post
              hi guys, munich motors confirmed it is the pump, bmw quote me 14500 AED which is crazy expensive. I found the part in bmw road in sharjah from a company that gave me very good discount. my doubt was that the part will not be original. according to them they order from abu dhabi bmw which they buy in bulk and offer better prices. i got it for 8150AED and munich is almost complete with everything. according to them they need to re-program everything after bleeding the gearbox oil which they did. they charged me about 1000 AED labor costs which wasnt to bad. would das offered all of this for less?
              Its perfect price , remember : you get 12 months warranty unlimited mileage on any job done by munich motor works . FYI only :D

Comment

Hi Guys,

The exact same problem happened with me. Driving normally and the gear goes to O. I am sure it is the SMG pump. Any chance of finding one. Now way I'm paying 14000+ for the pump.

Comment

Working...
                X