No announcement yet.

Arbee's 2009 BMW E93 ///M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decided to go with an Alpine off the shelf tune in the interim, my ultimate tuning plan is for @"Sherwin@xcede" to load his magic! Managed to get the Alpine tune via a friend who purchased it for his car and decided to sell the car rather.

Opted for 2 maps:
    Map 1 - For winter months
    98 RON octane stage 1
    Servotronics
    Top speed limiter removal
    Red line increase 8500

Map 2 - For summer months
    95 RON octane stage 1
    Servotronics
    Red line increase 8400

Preparing to load the tune, plugged in the battery tender.

Tune loaded and initial impressions are favorable. Feels a lot smoother through the rev range, a slight increase in power is noticeable. Have not really pushed it properly yet...

Some recent pics...

Next on the cards, a cool little interior upgrade - Sent for custom upholstery.

Comment

Some interior pics

Comment

Thanks Wazif

The interior trims are done, really impressed with the job.

Carbon Leather with the M colors hand stitched. Will upload some pics once i get some pics of them installed.

Comment

Totally transforming the car! nice. Are you going to cover the Bruno Spengler autograph though?
          Current
          E92 M3 - Mineral White
          F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
          E36 318is
          E39 540i ///M sport
          VW CC
          E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
            Totally transforming the car! nice. Are you going to cover the Bruno Spengler autograph though?
            Thanks bro. This is a second set of trim, i still have the aluminum trim stored.

The Bruno Spengler autograph was not my cup of karak... I know people take pride in this, but i had it removed a while ago already. It was also fading away...

Comment

Just love the way it flows...

Comment

For those on Instagram...
                https://www.instagram.com/p/CG1qfMVp...=1hnrw608a9nc9

Comment

In the words of Dj Khaled "Another one"

Comment

Originally posted by Arbee View Post
                    Just love the way it flows...
                    Curious to know what that device is next to the idrive controller?
                    Current
                    E92 M3 - Mineral White
                    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                    E36 318is
                    E39 540i ///M sport
                    VW CC
                    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Curious to know what that device is next to the idrive controller?
                      Bluetooth Music Controller - Complete lifesaver.
                      https://www.amazon.ae/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Bluetooth Music Controller - Complete lifesaver.
                        https://www.amazon.ae/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                        Considered an idrive upgrade? i think it will just complete your build :)
                        Current
                        E92 M3 - Mineral White
                        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                        E36 318is
                        E39 540i ///M sport
                        VW CC
                        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Considered an idrive upgrade? i think it will just complete your build :)
                          Wazif Upgrading the iDrive has actually been one of the first changes i wanted to make and still find myself looking up the best options. However, having used CIC and NBT, frankly i find them to be less helpful. I much prefer using apps on my phone now - A win win would be an Android - Phone compatible system to allow screen sharing (they are out there) - but then i just cannot justify the cost to replace the current CCC. Considering i have my phone, device that connects and works well - reads out my notifications, plays music and the lovely ladies voice from Waze - All on an accessible mount.

With that said - things may change - i was never one to use my phone as a music storage device, luckily with apps like Spotify, YT music, etc i dont need to save music anymore, available on request. Previously, a USB drive with over 50gb of music was my way to go.

Comment

Interior kitted with a custom set of dash and door trims.

If you scroll back to some of the first interior shots of my car, you will notice the Aluminum trim, signed by Bruno Spengler. Now, while this was special to the many and the previous owners, i felt it made the interior look shoddy. No offence to anyone, but i didn't particularly enjoy that part of the car.

After i had the steering wheel done by AZA, i was on the look out for a used set of trims, any trim as i had the idea to cover it in carbon leather and have the tri-color stitching to match the steering. Few weeks went on, searching locally and at the same time looking at options from abroad when i found a set of CF leather trim locally. A friend in Dubai had a look at them and did the deal.

Got them a few weeks later and was not really happy with the condition so parked them off and started the search for an upholsterer to do the recover and stitching. I didn't have to look very far as a friend i had met when i first moved here advised he can actually do it, himself. Needless to say, the job was done and impeccably so. I still need to take some proper focused shots of the interior, but here are some pics to give you an idea...

And some cool rollers!!

Comment

Wazif Upgrading the iDrive has actually been one of the first changes i wanted to make and still find myself looking up the best options. However, having used CIC and NBT, frankly i find them to be less helpful. I much prefer using apps on my phone now - A win win would be an Android - Phone compatible system to allow screen sharing (they are out there) - but then i just cannot justify the cost to replace the current CCC. Considering i have my phone, device that connects and works well - reads out my notifications, plays music and the lovely ladies voice from Waze - All on an accessible mount.

With that said - things may change - i was never one to use my phone as a music storage device, luckily with apps like Spotify, YT music, etc i dont need to save music anymore, available on request. Previously, a USB drive with over 50gb of music was my way to go.
                              Although I have the CIC, I've contemplated an upgrade as well to something that will support apply car play. I'm just not keen on messing with the stock wiring and fitment of screens/additional modules etc. So decided to keep it stock and just use my oversized phone for everything.
                              Current
                              E92 M3 - Mineral White
                              F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                              E36 318is
                              E39 540i ///M sport
                              VW CC
                              E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Not much to say... Just 2 pics!

Comment

Working...