Arbee's 2009 BMW E93 ///M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arbee View Post

Just some small changes. Updating the Badges, Caliper paint and the interior trims. I also have a Macht Schnell (sp) intake and pulley kit ready to be installed. I will probably install the the intake, but the pulley kit im not sure if i will install it anytime soon, maybe next year when i plan to add a midpipe/xpipe and software.

I really want to get the front bumper sorted, it has a whole lot of holes from the numberplates that were mounted on. But, i will hold on until next year when i plan to re-paint the CF bits gloss black. Spent too much this year!
    Sounds like a nice transformation.

Why did you go with the Macht Schnell intake? Any credible power increases? I think my belts are due for a change soon, was thinking to upgrade the pulleys as well. I'd like to know more about the intake (I've always thought that intakes in UAE dont add much value due to the over all higher ambient temperatures.
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post

Why did you go with the Macht Schnell intake? Any credible power increases? I think my belts are due for a change soon, was thinking to upgrade the pulleys as well. I'd like to know more about the intake (I've always thought that intakes in UAE dont add much value due to the over all higher ambient temperatures.
      Thanks Wazif.

I was not planning on getting any performance mods in until mid next year. However, i could not pass on a deal for the intake and pulleys. I bought them off a friend who is selling his car and had these and a few other replacement parts awaiting installation.

We installed the intake on Thursday and i have only driven the car for less than 50km since that. The car is now at Octane for the coilover installation, firmware/software updates and another oil change. First impressions on the intake, im happy the intake is a direct fit, no funny business. Also, it uses the stock airbox and if one were to glance at the engine bay you wont notice any difference. The filter is a high flow filter and the charge pipe leading to the plenum is smoother and slightly larger allowing more/smoother flow of air into the plenum.

Intake:

Intake Installed

Pulley kit:

Off to Octane

The Pulley kit, i have kept away for next year. I dont really plan to install it but i guess its a good to have should i plan to change it. Its for M3's with a pre 08/06 build date so if anyone is looking for one make me an offer, will consider.

Comment

Why did you go with the Macht Schnell intake?
        As i mentioned above, a friend had this and offered it to me. However, the MS intake is rated quite high based on the research i use. If you look at the AFE intake, they have a similiar one as well. I would love to spend big money on Eventuri or the likes, maybe at a later stage!

Any credible power increases?
        I dont expect much, maybe a couple hp. Personally, increased or smoother airflow is all thats needed. HP is a bonus.

I'd like to know more about the intake (I've always thought that intakes in UAE dont add much value due to the over all higher ambient temperatures.)
        Essentially the MS intake is a replacement of the OEM air filter and chargepipe. The stock airbox remains. As it is a closed air intake, there will be an increase and smoother transition of air flow. Which is exactly what is needed. Also, the M3 has 3 air flow entry points into the airbox and 1 exit allowing consistent air flow, the additional filtration and increase in CP diameter and smooth chamber will help bring the IATs down. Colder air is always welcomed.

Comment

Why did you go with the Macht Schnell intake?
          As i mentioned above, a friend had this and offered it to me. However, the MS intake is rated quite high based on the research i use. If you look at the AFE intake, they have a similiar one as well. I would love to spend big money on Eventuri or the likes, maybe at a later stage!

Any credible power increases?
          I dont expect much, maybe a couple hp. Personally, increased or smoother airflow is all thats needed. HP is a bonus.

I'd like to know more about the intake (I've always thought that intakes in UAE dont add much value due to the over all higher ambient temperatures.)
          Essentially the MS intake is a replacement of the OEM air filter and chargepipe. The stock airbox remains. As it is a closed air intake, there will be an increase and smoother transition of air flow. Which is exactly what is needed. Also, the M3 has 3 air flow entry points into the airbox and 1 exit allowing consistent air flow, the additional filtration and increase in CP diameter and smooth chamber will help bring the IATs down. Colder air is always welcomed.
          Thanks for the info.

Regarding Eventuri, I've read that they are not worth the bang for the buck. The just look good and dont offer any HP increases (only enhanced aural pleasure). Makaveli7 has done some research on the Eventuri plenum.
          Current
          E92 M3 - Mineral White
          F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
          E36 318is
          E39 540i ///M sport
          VW CC
          E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Regarding Eventuri, I've read that they are not worth the bang for the buck. The just look good and dont offer any HP increases (only enhanced aural pleasure). Makaveli7 has done some research on the Eventuri plenum.
            Im no expert in the Intake topic, but my gut feeling is that all intakes will yield very little to no performance increase in the climate we in. That doesn't mean that they do not work. We got the short stick regarding the climate. LOL

Comment

Finally, she has been lowered.

A massive thank you to Shak and team from Octane for sorting the installation and maintaining my car to the highest standards. Im so glad they are available for us. Really cannot fault their service and expertise.

Since im in Abu Dhabi, i had the car sent over to Octane by recovery due to the lockdown. I guess now that the lockdown is extended i will be getting the car back on Recovery as well. Pity, as i would have liked to drive it to Abu Dhabi to get a feel for the new BC Racing DS Series Coilovers.

Anyways, you guys want pics... Shak, has sent me these few. When i get the car back, i will be sure to post more.

Comment

Few pics of the car after a clean up...

Some adjustments needed, rear has a slight rub on heavy dips. Front, well it barely clears the bumps in my basement as well as the side. But thats why i went with Coilovers, so i can adjust them as i want.

Comment

A massive thank you to Shak and team from Octane for sorting the installation and maintaining my car to the highest standards. Im so glad they are available for us. Really cannot fault their service and expertise.

Since im in Abu Dhabi, i had the car sent over to Octane by recovery due to the lockdown. I guess now that the lockdown is extended i will be getting the car back on Recovery as well. Pity, as i would have liked to drive it to Abu Dhabi to get a feel for the new BC Racing DS Series Coilovers.

Anyways, you guys want pics... Shak, has sent me these few. When i get the car back, i will be sure to post more.

[/url]
                  [/url]
                  [/url]
                  Shak working his magic as always :)

Love the slammed look! looks awesome! congratulations
                  Current
                  E92 M3 - Mineral White
                  F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                  E36 318is
                  E39 540i ///M sport
                  VW CC
                  E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Fixed the pic issue, it was my laptop :)
                    Last edited by Wazif; 21-06-2020, 03:09 PM.
                    Current
                    E92 M3 - Mineral White
                    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                    E36 318is
                    E39 540i ///M sport
                    VW CC
                    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Thanks Wazif. Shak is a real asset to our community. I wont lie, having his expertise made me feel safe to buy a BMW without service/warranty.

Pics are showing fine on my side. Will upload the next round using imgur.com

Comment

The height has been adjusted and in the effort to find that sweet spot, this is where we ended up. I like it, a lot actually. However, it needs one final adjustment before i can comfortably drive over speed bumps. LOL.

Apologies for the edited pictures, its been too hot to take picture outside.

I must say that these BC Racing DS coilovers are amazing as the ride comfort is simply amazing. We turned the dampening a few clicks stiffer (still have a long way to go before hitting full stiff) and on the road she feels very planted although not at all back breaking. Happy with the ride stiffness at the moment.

Comment

Enjoy!

Last edited by Wazif; 08-09-2020, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Enjoy!

This is Hilarious!!!! I love the video!!! :D

Comment

Enjoy & Thanks!

Comment

Brilliant video! love the way the Red pops! wow...congrats!
                                Current
                                E92 M3 - Mineral White
                                F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                                E36 318is
                                E39 540i ///M sport
                                VW CC
                                E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Working...
                                X