Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video: My 1/4 mile sprint!

Two things I should have done.

1. Do a slight burn-out to clean debris off my tires.
    2. Mash the throttle off the line instead of easing the throttle off the line!

I hope to get into the 11's next time when the weather cools down as well.

Enjoy the video! ( Excuse the screaming, thought the helmet would muffle my voice.. but realized I was naturally loud LOL )

[YOUTUBE]gcRDtQHT5yg&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcRDt...eature=related
    Last edited by SSense; 26-10-2010, 01:56 AM. Reason: Video link fixed

Very nice

Comment

Burnout isn't a bimmer thing honestly. Its more of a mustang or camaro stunt. However, use your launch control to burn your tires on the move, do not stop and burn rubber as you'll hurt your car badly. Rev it till 2500 as you dont need more RPMs to start spinning your wheels, let go of the lever and spin your tires for 2 seconds and you're done. Stepping on the throttle at once might put you in burnout mode as the car automatically puts itself in Neutral after 15 seconds. How to know that? stop at any signal and keep your car in 1st gear, don't press on anything (brake/gas). 15 seconds after that, press brake and listen carefully. You'll hear the sound of the clutch engaging.

Also using Launch control at dig would shave at least 0.5sec of your overall time

Cheers for the video..
      Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
      Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
      Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
      Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
      1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
      Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
      eMail:
      Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Thanks Rifo, some sound advice there!

Am very worried about using LC on trackbite! Are the rear ends on these cars as bad as the E39 M5? My previous M5 blew the rear end diff and was an expensive fix!

Wheel hopping is also a worry for me!

Comment

Safer than the E39 for sure. Throwing the torque all the way to the drivetrain will harm your clutch/flywheel/diff..etc but using it twice or three times a year wouldn't harm your car in general. You sound like a petrolhead so I suppose you do your regular checks on your diff/guibo/bushing...etc. Make sure the car is 100% healthy and go for it.

LC has two modes. The burnout mode and the launch control mode.

#1: The burnout mode engages when you step hardly on the gas while hold the lever backwards. The car lets of clutch and tires will spin insanely and your car will be bouncing off the rev-limiter. Cool ye but no traction at all.

#2: The launch control mode engages when you gradually step on the gas pedal till it reaches 4800 (1800 in US spec cars). The car will engage and disengage the clutch several times in few seconds to ensure you have a perfect launch with an optimum tire spin.

Also, try lowering tire pressure to 27psi

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
          Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
          eMail:
          Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

im with Rifo and you can check this out which is self expalnatory :D, for me i ll never ever use LC, and for Euro spec E60 M5 the LC rpm reach 4500 rpm compared to 2500rpm for the US spc

[YOUTUBE]31-fwyixpRs[/YOUTUBE]

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
            E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

The first one was the burnout mode, the second one onwards were proper ones. You can tell the difference of how the car spun much less than the first one. The clutch cuts are visible through the tire marks on the ground.

Need Assistance?
              eMail:
              Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

I have only used LC once! And loved the acceleration characteristics. But I am also aware that I just had my clutch and flywheel replaced a few months ago! Not a pleasant experience I must admit! LOL

Ironically, that video was taken at the Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground in the UK! Going to test the CA Automotive Supercharged M3 next month! Will post plenty of pics for you guys! And videos of course.

Comment

niiiiiiiiiiiice :)

E36 1996 325 coupe MT + supercharged RIP
                  E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech + Bolt On's CURRENT
                  E30 1989 325 M50 Mtech coupe MT + RIP
                  E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech coupe AT SOLD
                  E30 1991 325 low 4door AT SOLD
                  E30 1988 320 ac schnitzer 4door AT RIP
                  E36 1992 325 M50nv MT DRIFT/RACE CAR CURRENT
                  E34 1991 525 ac schnitzer Daily CURRENT

Comment

nice run and lovely number.

how often do you participate in those drag strips?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                      nice run and lovely number.

how often do you participate in those drag strips?
                      I don't participate often as I don't own a drag friendly car. However, I tend to show up as much as I can whenever there is an open "test and tune" day!

I prefer circuit driving myself.

I am a board member of the Bahrain CRC ( Circuit Racing Club ), check us out here:

www.crcbahrain.com

Comment

Ahmed is a true enthusiast!
                        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
                          Ahmed is a true enthusiast!
                          Fueled by fantastic internet buddies like yourself sir! Always a pleasure!

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9500/5.0.0.841 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/124)

Humbleness is the first sign of a great person.
                            sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

really nice work

Currently Own:
                              -2009 BMW 335i
                              -2007 BMW 540i
                              -----------------------
                              follow me in twitter
                              @MANSOOR335I

Comment

Working...