BMW M3 GTS goes to the race track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW M3 GTS goes to the race track

Our friends over at BMW.tv are back with two new videos of the spectacular BMW M3 GTS. As always, you’re among the first to enjoy this footage and believe us, it is absolutely worth it.

For those of you that missed our previous coverage on the BMW M3 GTS, here is the summary. M3 GTS is powered by a 4.4-litre V8 based on the 4.0-liter engine found in the standard M3. Maximum power is 450 horsepower, 36 ponies more than than the regular model, and the transmission is the 7-speed M dual clutch transmission (M-DCT) with adapted shift characteristics.

Suspension upgrades include the utilisation of yellow springs for a threaded suspension while the rear axle support is said to be bolted in place. The big rear wing and front splitter are both adjustable for increased cornering precision, handling and performance. BMW M3 GTS is all about weight reduction and features several design elements made out of carbon fiber, starting with the roof. M3 GTS weights 1490 kg (3285 lbs), 419 lbs less than the stock M3 coupe’s 3704-lb curb weight.

The GTS sits on exclusive 19-inch aluminum wheels wrapped by 255/35 front and 285/30 rear tires. First deliveries are scheduled to begin in Germany next May, carrying a sticker price of 115,000 euros (about $170k).
    [YOUTUBE]tCzDOpVasHM[/YOUTUBE]

Pretty impressive, isn’t it?
    [YOUTUBE]g7wh2FixhXs[/YOUTUBE]

Source: bmwblog

:drool:
    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Man I'm madly in love with this car...

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:: drool:...

-2009 Nissan GTR (Switzer P600)
      -2011 VW Golf-R

Comment

The video, The M3 GTS ... :drool::drool::drool:
        sigpic
        07' HFP Accord | Current
        HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

They're following the Porsche GT3-RS style & purpose .......... but I LOVE IT !!
          Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
          Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
          Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
          Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
          1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
          Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
          eMail:
          Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

$170K? Unless they're expecting a major dollar crush this doesn't make any sense!

Comment

really depends if there's aftermarket tuners who can shed 200kg out of the M3 & provide similar power & handling gains..

BMW history:
              07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Its a very nice car indeed, but I would add some more dollars and get a GT2 instead of this..

Comment

It's done the Porsche way, the influence is obvious. I would've respected BMW for at least not copying the vibrant color.

Comment

So you guys don't like/respect it because of it's "color" ?

Come on!!
                    sigpic
                    07' HFP Accord | Current
                    HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

^^+1
                      sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by M_Powerholic View Post
                        So you guys don't like/respect it because of it's "color" ?

Come on!!
                        I didn't say I didn't respect it, I think we should wait and see what it's capable of doing against the GT3s, I highly doubt it though. But, this car was obviously built the Porsche way not the BMW way, BMW have always had their direction of doing things but this time I'm sorry BMW choked on their sketches and couldn't but follow Porsche to the color.

Comment

Plus, would you imagine paying above than AED 500K for an M3, not so long ago the M3 CSL was retailed at AGMC at 360K. I would definitely walk into the Porsche showroom and pick a GT3 despite being biased to BMWs, but not this one.

Comment

For those complaining about the rear wing... here is the reason (this was taken from an interview with Markus Schadow, BMW M Aerodynamics Dept., responsible for the car):
                            Why don’t you use a diffuser?

Schadow: A diffuser which would meet the space requirements here would be far less effective than the rear wing. We would never be able to reach a level of downforce required for a reasonable aerodynamic balance. This is also why in every racing series which allows the use of a rear wing, the cars are fitted with one. The rear wing of the BMW M3 GTS generates a high level of downforce and therefore drive stability.
                            As for the colour they used on the car, it's a throwback to the old race cars they used in racing
                            ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Even the 2002 turbos were released in Orange colour, so should we say Porsche choked on their sketches and couldn't but follow BMW to the color, dont think it has anything to do with copying..

Comment

Working...
                              X