E30 M3 Airbox sound (S14 engine)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 M3 Airbox sound (S14 engine)

To me, this is the best 4-cylinder the world has ever known (and that of the Merc e190 EVOII)!

I'd kill for an airbox :(

Kill yourself while you watch this...

[youtube]Ms5u3yKl0-s[/youtube]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms5u3yKl0-s

[youtube]1zvuroQSylE&NR=1[/youtube]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zvuroQSylE&NR=1

[youtube]8aufIoDtPwg&feature=related[/youtube]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aufI...eature=related

This takes the biscuit:

[youtube]VS2Qr8RY4ns&feature=related[/youtube]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS2Qr...eature=related
    Last edited by RAFiK; 22-06-2008, 02:45 PM. Reason: Youtube Plug-in ..easier to view :D

sick!

my bro used to have a twin of that red one

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

I donno how he could let go!

I've been running the math on an airbox conversion for my car. Turns out it'll cost AED20K for the OEM CSL box inclusive of all the fittings, brackets, screws, pipes, sensors and what not but without the Alpha-N chip (add ~AED2K). Gains aren't seen till u reach high end, but the sound is something to kill for if neccessary :D

There are CSL-like boxes out in the market, although the good ones are only 2 or 3, but the CSL box feature a butterfly actuator that opens up when you put the car on sport mode for maximum air flow and has an air temperature sensor embeded in the box.

Donations accepted...

Comment

Gruppe M is the best i know :D

BMW history:

Comment

No matter how hard I tried, all I could find from them is the normal K&N-style filter. No more airboxes.

Comment

that's the Gruppe M airbox on a Z4M :drool:

[youtube]sIL5DUm8Wyk[/youtube]

BMW history:

Comment

I saw that video on M3forum.com and AFAIR it's not the airbox fitted to the Z4. It's the regular, normal intake. But that is SICK! Order??

Comment

CSL airbox butterfly:

[youtube]6ZMYmoZW2kk&[/youtube]

Comment

Why? :banghead: Why? :banghead: Why? :banghead: Why? :banghead:
                  Meskovic
                  this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

^ For the exact response you're displaying here!!!! hahahaha...

Comment

The last video in the first post, it sounds like a bloody monster set loose in the woods !!
                      sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                      Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                      LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                      P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                      Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Working...
                      X