BMW X6 xDrive50i Vs Porsche Cayenne GTS at Nurburgring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW X6 xDrive50i Vs Porsche Cayenne GTS at Nurburgring

Not too long a go BMW threw the gauntlet down to the world's media when they “accidentally” leaked a document which compared the BMW X6 xDrive50i to the Porsche Cayenne GTS. Fortunately German magazine Autobild duly obliged and now we can see how the two powerhouses compared to each other at the famed Nurburgring track.
    Starting with the official statistics of the model, we can see that the slightly lighter X6 has full acceleration bragging rights with a 0-60mph time of just 5.3 seconds, a full 0.8 seconds faster than the Cayenne GTS, it also boasts lower CO2 emissions. However it does fall down on the all important fuel consumption figure with it's counterpart's 15.54 miles per gallon – 14% lower than the X6.
    When taking these expensively assembled vehicles to the racetrack though, these basic figures can sometimes by irrelevant, something Autobild was looking to find out. The magazine did a number of tests at the ring comparing best laps, acceleration, top-speed and braking, but who came out on top?
    Braking showed very little to differentiate the models with a braking distance from 100km/h to 0 of 37.4 meters for the Cayenne GTS and just 30cm longer for the X6. The top speed tests saw the Porsche Cayenne GTS taking a decisive lead with a top speed of 263km/h, but the X6 had it's on board speed limiter denying it from going faster than 252km/h. As you would expect the X6 brought back on level terms in the acceleration tests going from 0-100km/h in 5.7 seconds with the Cayenne GTS lagging a whole second further behind.
    Pretty much neck and neck now, all is left now is a showdown on the all important lap times around the Ring.
    We can tell you the BMW X6 xDrive50i put in a best lap of 8min 54.4 seconds, but the Cayenne GTS was left crawling behind beyond the 9 minute barrier and more than 7 seconds a drift with a time of 9 mins 1.9 seconds.
    The test certainly proves the BMW has come out on top on this one and it's lower price makes it an altogether better or more appealing buy.
    ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

i'm still disappointed coz i expected BMW to get at least 470-500bhp from the 50i to compete with the Cayenne Turbo & not the refined Cayenne S!

how about a vishnu tune for the 4.5 twin turbo??

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
      i'm still disappointed coz i expected BMW to get at least 470-500bhp from the 50i to compete with the Cayenne Turbo & not the refined Cayenne S!

Wait for the x6 5.0is ..comin soon ..!!

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
      Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

just saw one towed today heading for AGMC :D:D .... X6 5.0 ....
        Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
        Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
        Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
        Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
        1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
        Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
        eMail:
        Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Any idea how much wud be the price factor ??

Comment

over 450 i guess

Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Originally posted by Moe-335 View Post
              over 450 i guess
              Definetely! X5 is already touching 400, this is X6 5.0

Comment

A lap time difference of 7 seconds ahead of the GTS means the X6 5.0 is still a compitition for the Cayenne Turbo, if not neck to neck on lap times.

That's IMPRESSIVE! With the limiter on, mind you.

Comment

Wait for the x6 5.0is ..comin soon ..!!
                  i don't think there'll be anything higher than the xDrive50i..

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                  A lap time difference of 7 seconds ahead of the GTS means the X6 5.0 is still a compitition for the Cayenne Turbo, if not neck to neck on lap times.

That's IMPRESSIVE! With the limiter on, mind you.
                  hmmm i was referring more to horsepower figures.. the 4.5L engine is an easy 360bhp so it's kind of weird that the twin turbo's are just for an extra 40bhp (and some torque of course).. 50-60 more ponies would have taken it to another level in the horsepower race :)

BMW history:

Comment

i don't think there'll be anything higher than the xDrive50i..
                    Man..i just saw the article 2 days ago.. ! if i wasn't sure about it i wouldn't say it :D

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Man..i just saw the article 2 days ago.. ! if i wasn't sure about it i wouldn't say it :D
                      it's still very vague but i hope they push over 500 horses from it!

BMW history:

Comment

that's not quite bad, those 2 cars are close in price fugures, glad to see the Bimmer kicking @ss ;)

X5-M and X6-M are on the way right??
                        Satisfaction can also be spelled: B.M.W

E90 320i - soon to retire
                        19" Black CSL replicas staggured F:8.5", R:9.5" // continental sport contact2 F:235/35/19, R:255/35/19 // Blacklines taillights// Black OEM rear spoiler // Matt Black grill // Y-connector // 30% V-kool tint // H&R sport springs // H&R TRAK+ Wheels Spacers // Black roof+mirrors // De-badged

F30 335i - Current
                        M-performance kit // M-performance steering wheel with race displays.

Comment

Id choose the X5 M over the X6 M, cuz the X5 looks more of a monsterous car unlike X6 which is looks like a version made for the females.
                          Any news about X3s ?! Havent heard of that name since a while now... I guess the BMW is planning to stay with X5 3.0i and not thinking of having a smaller shape of X5 this time..

Comment

the new X3 is expected for 2010

BMW history:

Comment

Working...
                            X