Latest spy shots: 2011 BMW 5 Series Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest spy shots: 2011 BMW 5 Series Touring

The next generation BMW 5 Series Touring is getting ready for its official unveiling in early 2010. With a debut set later that year at the Paris Auto Show, 5 Series Touring slightly camouflaged prototypes continue to be seen during test driving sessions in Germany.

The spy photographers over at Auto Motor und Sport spotted a new test mule with the front-end fully uncovered. While the front fascia of the new Touring is no mystery to us anymore, the rear-end still carries some light camouflage tape that hides the final design details.

As seen in the previous generation, the Touring’s taillights are different from the ones found on the sedan, in this case with the light strips across being a bit more obvious.

The new BMW 5 Series Touring, codename F11, has a longer wheelbase and a wider track than the current generation E60 5 Series, offering more interior room and also cargo space. The new 5 Series Touring has grown in size and the rear-end sports a more coupeish like roof.

5 Series Touring is considerably lower and sleeker than the 5 Gran Turismo model, but without sacrificing that sportiness much needed by the BMW buyers. While the new 5 Series Touring will continue to play an important role in Europe, the question remains whether BMW will phase them out in the U.S.

Design wise, the 2011 BMW 5 Series F11 is one the most balanced and elegant looking BMW Touring ever built and it remains a crucial vehicle in BMW’s lineup. The new Touring is unconfirmed for the U.S. market given the recent introduction of the luxurious 5 Series GT. The BMW 5 Series Touring sits considerably lower and it is sleeker than the 5 Gran Turismo model, still keeping that sportiness much needed by the BMW buyers.

While no information have been released on the powerplants available in the Touring model, we expect to see similar engines as in the recent unveiled 5 Series Sedan, including diesel variants.
    Source: bmwblog

I'll tell you straight away what's wrong with new BMWs (without even reading a word in the article): THE RIMS!!!

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.162 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/302)

+1
      sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
      2006 Z4M - SOLD
      1967 SHELBY GT500CR - SOLD
      2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello - SOLD
      2001 Ferrari 456 MGTA - CURRENT
      2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT
      2003 Citroen Saxo 1.1 - Special Mongol Rally 2012 - SOLD TO CHARITY
      1997 E36 M3 - PROJECT CAR
      2008 Ferrari 312 Scaglietti - CURRENT

Comment

Right on the money Ayham... very true!
        sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

+1 their rims suck lately :puke:

besides a couple designs like on the E92 335i and the 4.8 X5!

BMW history:
          07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

lol it looks like a 118 hatchback with a streched chassis :thumbsdown:

Comment

Wirelessly posted (SSense's 9700: BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.321 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Calm down friends its still under testing, let's wait for the end result to see how it really turns out..

Comment

either way tourings never made it to our market, so we shouldn't care less :)

BMW history:
                07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

+1 to SSense & Haissam :)
                  sigpic
                  07' HFP Accord | Current
                  HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

I dont think they're Gonna Sell This car in the Market with those Rims, I guess These are just for Testing..
                    sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                    E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                    E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                    E23 735i - Sold

Comment

+1

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
                      Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Working...
                      X