Photos: BMW E39 M5 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photos: BMW E39 M5 Touring

Along with the BMW M5 CSL and the never produced M5 Convertible, BMW unveiled to the journalists another M5 model that “didn’t make it”: M5 E39 Touring. While some photos surfaced on the web in the past, officially, no shots were ever released by M GmbH.

As part of the 25th Anniversary of the BMW M5, a few selected journalists, including our BimmerToday’s Benny Hiltscher, were invited to learn more about the M5 history. As Benny reports, the BMW M5 Touring E39 is powered by a 5.0 liter V8 engine that outputs 400 horsepower and a maximum torque of 500Nm or 368 lb-ft for those of us in the U.S.

Since some of you might wonder why such vehicle didn’t make it into production, we asked around and it appears there were some problems with the rear axle. By M standards, the dynamics of the car would have been acted differently. It was also assumed that the market for such vehicle would be relatively small.

Source: bmwblog

it has a non staggered setup.... Also look at that steering wheel :drool: me want that in my car. would match the headliner :p
    sigpic
    iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
    Falcons Garage
    Carbotech

Comment

I don't understand the point behind a high performance car with a big a$$.

Comment

^ there's demand for those in europe :)

not a big fan myself though..

BMW history:
        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Drift Setup FTW !!!!
          sigpic
          07' HFP Accord | Current
          HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

daaaayummm

i like station wagons!!!!!!!

i remember the days i used to spend on looking at Audi RS2 in my town...

european impreza gc8 another example

heck ! this car should have been produced!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Haitham View Post
              I don't understand the point behind a high performance car with a big a$$.
              i dont understand the point behind sedan cars!

sedan is a stupitness, why to cut the volume???

it looks better?? because our eyes are used to it!

Comment

Originally posted by pathfinder View Post
                i dont understand the point behind sedan cars!

sedan is a stupitness, why to cut the volume???

it looks better?? because our eyes are used to it!
                It's not stupid, if it were it wouldn't be there for decades. From an aesthetics point of view, the Touring looks more of a utilitarian vehicle, and that ruins the image of the car, I for example would rather show up to work on a bus than in a Touring. Plus it's awfully long, adds weight and it's less cosy. I'm not bashing ALL tourings, I just hate the idea of slamming an M engine in one, or any high performance engine for that matter; it's pointless. If you need the volume just get a normal touring car.

Comment

:)

slamming an M engine into a family sedan is called M5 shortly

then u r aganist M5 as well ;)

just kidding man :) no offense

me likes wagons, u dont like...i respect ;)

Comment

^ Good point. *bow*

Comment

You can use :bow: !

:grouphug:
                      sigpic
                      07' HFP Accord | Current
                      HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

Comment

^ I hate smilies! I think they're gay.

Comment

Back on topic lol
                          sigpic
                          07' HFP Accord | Current

Comment

Working...
                          X