The new Alpina B7 BiTurbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new Alpina B7 BiTurbo

The long wait is over. Seen here is the final look of the Alpina B7 that's based on the new 2009 BMW 7 Series. Speculative pictures and renderings have been doing the rounds since December and this is the culmination of all that activity. Geneva 2009 will finally reveal the car in the metal.

The Bavarian sports a 4.4-litre V8 engine which has been supercharged by Alpina in the best way they know how. In the end it forks out 507bhp (378kW) and a stump-pulling 700Nm of torque. Zero to 100km/h is stomped out in 4.7 seconds and the B7 goes all the way to 280km/h (174 mph). Alpina is famous for calibrating its speedos 100% so you can be assured that when the needle reads 280km/h that is the true speed of the car.

Typical Alpina trim can be expected inside and outside as partly seen from the well known signature Alpina multispoke rims and rear boot spoiler. Technical upgrades should include stronger brakes and a sportier chassis.

interesting new rims design, i'm liking it ;)

that's a wooping torque figure!!!!
    Satisfaction can also be spelled: B.M.W

E90 320i - soon to retire
    19" Black CSL replicas staggured F:8.5", R:9.5" // continental sport contact2 F:235/35/19, R:255/35/19 // Blacklines taillights// Black OEM rear spoiler // Matt Black grill // Y-connector // 30% V-kool tint // H&R sport springs // H&R TRAK+ Wheels Spacers // Black roof+mirrors // De-badged

F30 335i - Current
    M-performance kit // M-performance steering wheel with race displays.

Comment

i don't think it'll get the old 4.4 supercharged :dunno:
      they must go for the twin turbo version :D

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

not too sure about the looks I have to be honest...
        sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

:drool: nicely done Alpina
          ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

i like a little
            2008 325i coupe
            Stock

Comment

The Alpina looks as usual classy and beautiful, but with their new designed rims, it even looks better :drool:

Comment

The rims !!
                THE RIMS I TELLS YA !!!
                sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

looks really cool. like the new rims
                  sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
                  2006 Z4M - SOLD
                  1967 SHELBY GT500CR - SOLD
                  2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello - SOLD
                  2001 Ferrari 456 MGTA - CURRENT
                  2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT
                  2003 Citroen Saxo 1.1 - Special Mongol Rally 2012 - SOLD TO CHARITY
                  1997 E36 M3 - PROJECT CAR
                  2008 Ferrari 312 Scaglietti - CURRENT

Comment

Nice but don't like the front bumper....
                    Current: BMW E71 X6 M 2011 | Silverstone Exterior | Red Interior | 23" Hamann Unique Forged Wheel | Lumma Lowering Kit | Lumma Cat Back Exhaust | PP-Performance Down Pipe | PP-Performance ECU Tuning Stage#2 | Lumma Pedal Set

Monsters History:
                    BMW E92 335i Coupe 2007: Stock
                    BMW E92 M3 Coupe 2008: Upgraded to 460 HP
                    BMW E64 650i Convertible 2009: Stock
                    BMW E64 M6 Convertible 2008: Upgraded to 570 HP
                    Mercedes CLK63 AMG Black Series 2008: Evosport Full Performance Package Stage#2 - 600+ HP

Comment

Unfortunately, we didn’t make it to the Geneva Motor Show this year, but that doesn’t mean we won’t give you a full coverage here. The Alpina B7 Biturbo has been unveiled today in Geneva. Already on the fourth generation, Alpina B7 is better than ever.

From the enhanced aggressive look to all the changes that took place underneath the hood, the B7 is positioning itself as the ultimate sports sedan. The new B7 is powered by a V8 4.4 liter twin-turbo engine outputting 505 horsepower and an impressive 517 lb-ft (700Nm) reached at 4,750 rpm.

It runs from 0 to 62 mph in just 4.7 seconds, compared to the regular 750Li which stops the clock at 5.3 seconds. Alpina B7 is electronically limited at 174 mph (280km/h). The B7 uses the automatic “SwitchTronic” gearbox, of course, rear-wheel-drive transmission.

As expected, the fuel economy is not too great on the B7, official estimates place it at 13MPG (17 liter/100km) city driving, 27MPG (8.6 liter/100km) highway and combined at 20MPG (12 liter/100mk).

The Alpina B7 weighs 4,312 lb (1,960 kg), still lighter than the 750i or Li production models and it sits on some beautiful Alpina-style 21 inch wheels. All that power and balance needs to be kept in place, so Alpina packs the B7 with 245 and 285 tires.

As expected, the interior design sufffered minor modifications, in line with Alpina’s design ideas. No pricing has been announced yet, but do expect the B7 to be over $100,000.

Comment

ok, this is sick !! :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
                        sigpic
                        07' HFP Accord | Current
                        HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

this car is sick sick sick! i love everything about it except the front lip spoiler!

and i told you it'll be twin turbo not supercharged :D :read:

BMW history:
                          07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

:drool:...

for some reason, it feels like a james bond car to me.... :P
                            Current
                            E92 M3 - Mineral White
                            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                            E36 318is
                            E39 540i ///M sport
                            VW CC
                            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

this car look really good. I love it. Any ideas on the price tag?
                              sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
                              2006 Z4M - SOLD
                              1967 SHELBY GT500CR - SOLD
                              2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello - SOLD
                              2001 Ferrari 456 MGTA - CURRENT
                              2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT
                              2003 Citroen Saxo 1.1 - Special Mongol Rally 2012 - SOLD TO CHARITY
                              1997 E36 M3 - PROJECT CAR
                              2008 Ferrari 312 Scaglietti - CURRENT

Comment

Working...
                              X