Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAFiK
    replied
    Glad to hear that all of you enjoyed it!

The next one will be better and not so long from now ;)

Leave a comment:

• E46Fanatic
    replied
    I am glad to announce to you that we were lucky not proceeding to the top when we thought we reached to our usual place
    as after you guys left, we decided myself and Alaa to see whats going on :D
    there were massive number of freaks xD celebrating , stupid music and awful environment xD we even seen aramex car over there , apparently they are delivering visa application to some cave man

the trip was amazing and we all enjoyed despite the barriers
    thanks for the efforts and was great to meet you all as usual

Leave a comment:

• Kevaldo
    replied
    Despite chasing the convoy across Sharjah :lol:, a great night and great to meet some of the members.
    I have a few pictures and a couple of videos I'll be sharing in a new thread, and my colleague Bhuvan also has some. I'll get him on to the forum and get them uploaded!

Leave a comment:

• 9a3eedi
    replied
    It was great! What an experience. It's a shame we couldn't make it to that mountain but Jabal Jais is always great! Looking forward to more awesome drives.

Though by the time we decided to return I was extremely tired. I almost fell asleep while driving in the highway. I ended up pulling over somewhere in RAK, take a 20 minute nap in the car and continuing. It did wonders.

I think if we started slightly earlier next time (i.e. moved out at 12am rather than 1am) it would be better and we have more night time.

Also, BMW's adaptive headlight system is amazing! :P

I hope everyone got back home safe.

Leave a comment:

• Wazif
    replied
    So how was the 1st night drive? Trust everyone had a good drive and a new experience?

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Kevaldo
    replied
    Guys,

I'm in a bit of a tough place for deciding if I can make it...

Is th plan to meet at midnight TONIGHT and drive into Friday morning?
    Or do we meet at midnight TOMORROW and drive into Saturday morning?

I have a job tonight starting at midnight.

Can someone please confirm asap as my colleague will likely come along too if I am going.

- - - - - - - - - -

Nevermind... just seen that someone else has asked the same!
    Highly unlikely I will make it.

Could someone maybe PM me their phone number and I text to confirm if I can make it?

Leave a comment:

• Wazif
    replied
    yes it will :)

Leave a comment:

• 9a3eedi
    replied
    I have a question, just to avoid confusion:

This event will happen in Thursday NIGHT, Friday MORNING right?

Leave a comment:

• E46Fanatic
    replied
    [QUOTE=9a3eedi;143327]You actually drove all the way to Turkey? How was the trip? Was it worth the long distance? Was the drive and the scenery great, places to stop by, food, etc.

Always wanted to drive around arabian peninsula like that.. like to Jordan or something. But a friend who went on a road trip to Jordan advised me not to, mostly because the drive in Saudi is terrible and can wreck your car lol

I have been dreaming about that since I was kid back in 1989 when my dad used to drive us all as a family by road all the way to syria
    i always wanted to do this as every year when dad used to do so , when I grew the chance finally came on 2010 to drive my own car in that journey
    I had 2003 330ci cabrio with hardtop, bought it for almost 85K so it was a courage to decide going with it but before i go on i used my experience with dad and got her ready fully serviced and checked for every single possible issue, you should expect lots of challenges and risks but thats the fun for me
    talking about this would take alot of the thread , dont wana go off toppic so let us save this conversation until we meet this friday ;) to share our experience

see you soon my friend

Leave a comment:

• 9a3eedi
    replied
    Originally posted by E46Fanatic View Post
    that's cool to hear bringing back memories to me a 4000 km journey from Dubai through Saudi , Jordan, Syria all the way to Turkey in 2010
    trying to make guess of the destination
    would we need any Visa to other country around
    You actually drove all the way to Turkey? How was the trip? Was it worth the long distance? Was the drive and the scenery great, places to stop by, food, etc.

Always wanted to drive around arabian peninsula like that.. like to Jordan or something. But a friend who went on a road trip to Jordan advised me not to, mostly because the drive in Saudi is terrible and can wreck your car lol

Originally posted by RAFiK View Post
    Are you sure only 3 hours from Dubai? This looks pretty far lol!
    Google maps says its 3 hours, so for an average of 120-140km/h on the highway. It took me 2.5 hours.... if you know what I mean ;)
    Last edited by 9a3eedi; 20-09-2015, 09:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• E46Fanatic
    replied
    that's cool to hear bringing back memories to me a 4000 km journey from Dubai through Saudi , Jordan, Syria all the way to Turkey in 2010
    trying to make guess of the destination
    would we need any Visa to other country around

Leave a comment:

• RAFiK
    replied
    Originally posted by 9a3eedi View Post
    @Wazif took me 2.5 - 3 hours to get there. 300 km journey in one direction. It's a very isolated road and mostly trucks go through it. The roads you enter after exiting Al Ain are 3 lanes, but very empty. I think there are military bases on the way but I can't tell.

It's one of those few places where the automatic high beams are really useful lol. It's very cool to see it work.

Are you sure only 3 hours from Dubai? This looks pretty far lol!

Leave a comment:

• 9a3eedi
    replied
    [MENTION=31]Wazif[/MENTION] took me 2.5 - 3 hours to get there. 300 km journey in one direction. It's a very isolated road and mostly trucks go through it. The roads you enter after exiting Al Ain are 3 lanes, but very empty. I think there are military bases on the way but I can't tell.

It's one of those few places where the automatic high beams are really useful lol. It's very cool to see it work.

Leave a comment:

• Wazif
    replied
    wow! that seems to be a really isolated road! how long does it take to get there? [MENTION=189287]9a3eedi[/MENTION]

Leave a comment:

• S.BAKI
    replied
    [MENTION=189287]9a3eedi[/MENTION] Yes it should be a lot of fun and we cant wait!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X