Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yas Track Day - Tomorrow evening

Hi all,

I'm going to take my E46 M3 for a Open Track Session at Yas tomorrow evening and was wondering if anyone else from the forum is going along to participate or spectate?

I've done some motorsport overseas (and have done a half day session in the Aston Martins on the same South Track at Yas) but this will be my first club event so always happy to have some company with prior knowledge.

Also, I don't have an in car Go-Pro type camera set up - does anyone have one that they could lend me? I'd be happy to upload the resultant video onto the forum/youtube. (I live in Abu Dhabi unfortunately and won't be able to pick it up from Dubai).

There is apparently an option for coming for a ride as a passenger for those interested - maybe you'll want to see me drive first :)

Anyway, flick me a PM or respond here if you are likely to be about and want to wander over and say hi. Cheers

Jamie

Hi,

I now have a camera sorted out.

Ayham has sent me the tyre pressures I need (apparently he's on a remote, cold, rainy mountainside in Jordan - I suspect he is more likely in a bar smoking sheesha).

I even have a fellow BMWclubuae member coming along to give me some tips.

Should be fun. I'll write a report next week and upload the video.

Jamie

Comment

I will see you there ;)

What time we must be there?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
        I will see you there ;)

What time we must be there?
        What time is this guys? Bruno wut time u driving from here?
        sigpic

Jerez Black 2008 E92 M3 - The beast unleashed

History:
        Black 2005 E46 330ci Mtech2
        Silver 2003 E46 330i Mtech2
        Black 2002 E46 320i Mtech2
        Black 1986 E28 535i
        Burgundi 1986 E23 728i
        Blue 1985 E30 323i Mtech
        Hellrot 1981 E21 325i

Comment

just came back... apparently their website is crap so i emauked them and they told me to be there at 12. so i did and it turned out to be at 4ish so went had lunch in raha and came back to register and do 2 sessions. for those who called me. sorry my phone was on flight mode because i was using it as my onboard camera.

in short she was able to outrun chevys gaymenR/S evo10s lotus elise or egg-cease or whatever they call it.

finally she is a bruno spec'd M5.

Jamie and pathfinder.. glad to have met you guys, im sure you guys had fun :D

will post a vid in a bit :)

Comment

I knew i saw pathfinder on the way back, I was in the huuuuge truck with the porsche on the trailer
            Meskovic
            this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Originally posted by Nabil View Post
              I knew i saw pathfinder on the way back, I was in the huuuuge truck with the porsche on the trailer
              i saw the CS on it..! that was you huh? i did not think that it was you because of the huge stickers on the car. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post

finally she is a bruno spec'd M5.

Jamie and pathfinder.. glad to have met you guys, im sure you guys had fun :D

will post a vid in a bit :)
                Confirmed!

this thing feels like a S62ed E46 M3

Stiff with a monster torque!

i like the way he drives it also ;) had great fun

btw there was a Mclaren MP4 something.... only 1800 kms on the clock!!! and he was backfiring like a barbeque!

Comment

[YOUTUBE]4YLRSGT5vFU[/YOUTUBE]

i have over 15 maintenance related parts that i've been wanting to fix. i guess the time is right now.

Comment

Can't see the video :dunno:
                    sigpic
                    BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

Comment

Originally posted by pathfinder View Post
                      i saw the CS on it..! that was you huh? i did not think that it was you because of the huge stickers on the car. :)
                      The stickers for the race, our team logo and sponsor's logo

Meskovic
                      this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Hi guys,

Hopefully video at

[YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/Q-6F-Oar9wU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/n15OThCdxQs[/YOUTUBE]

http://youtu.be/Q-6F-Oar9wU
                        http://youtu.be/n15OThCdxQs

Thanks Bruno and Pathfinder. Had fun. Learnt stuff. Got passed by the most expensive BBQ available. All good.

1RM.
                        Last edited by Onerudeman; 05-02-2012, 12:30 PM.

Comment

bravo Bruno .. nice one

Comment

Working...
                          X